Welcome to tomorrow's morning appliance. For the latest news, start from our WEEI.com homepage or click here for the best stories from our news.
BULGARIAN HEIGHTS TUESDAY:
MLB: Boston, Toronto, 7:07 AM (NESN, WEEI)
– David Ortiz returns to Fenwick on Monday for the first time since his shooting to throw out the first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees series finale.
This is the first public appearance for Ortiz since he was shot dead in the Dominican Republic in June.
David Ortiz arrives in Fenway, he dropped the first pitch tonight! pic.twitter.com/xrJWnwp1F0
– Jonathan Hall (@ JHall7news) September 9, 2019
– Red Sox (@ RedSox) September 9, 2019
Jason Varitek was on hand to take the field.
Ortiz also addressed the audience, thank you to the team and fans for their support.
"I want to thank the Red Sox, my real family," he said. "They were always there for me, they supported me. They were aware of what had happened to me and were the first to support me. "
" I want to thank you all for all your prayers, "he continued. "They all came home."
He also thanked his former teammates and Yankees for checking him out.
WATCH: David Ortiz returns to Fenway making his first public appearance after being shot in the Dominican Republic.
He casts the first pitch and turns to the crowd. Courtesy: NESN pic.twitter.com/q8Ayaegsrq
– Jani Kurakis (@YianniKourakis) September 9, 2019
– Man with "intense hostility" to the Patriots in 19655 Gray, of East Providence, appeared in Rhode Island court Monday on a charge of justice and unrelated domestic assault charges.
Wore a Giants jersey.
– WBZ | CBS Boston News (@wbz) September 9, 2019
Gray agreed to refuse extradition to Massachusetts, where he was wanted by Foxboro police for "terrorist threats".
His lawyer, Stephanie Dimayo Larivi, said that Gray had apparently taken to Facebook to express his anger at the messages the Patriots were signing to Antonio Brown, and he did no harm.
According to reports, Gray threatened to "pull out a white boys' school by shooting in Foxboro."
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "We are glad to have him on the team and we will just take him every day and see how he goes." – Bill Belihic, to Antonio Brown
 Related :