قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Sport https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ McGregor in a Sexual Violence Investigation

McGregor in a Sexual Violence Investigation



UFC star Connor MacGregor is under investigation for alleged sexual assault in his native Ireland, according to a report by The New York Times.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that 30-year-old MacGregor was charged with a woman's sexual abuse in December in Dublin and was arrested and released after questioning next month. He has not been officially accused or convicted of a crime, and the ongoing investigation is not evidence of accusations.

The report comes less than 24 hours after McGregor announced his sudden retirement from mixed martial arts in the social sphere. media. UFC representatives did not respond immediately to requests for comment.

Referring to numerous sources, The New York Times reported that the woman claimed an attack had occurred in a hotel in southern Dublin, west of the Krumlin district. report this case for months but are forbidden by law to name a suspect in cases of sexual violence before conviction.

According to the report, the Irish police do not say whether McGregor is suspected in the investigation at that time.

"This story has been circulating for some time, and it is unclear why Karen Kessler, spokesman for McGregor's legal team, told ESPN

" The assumption that Connor's retirement today is related to this hearing is absolutely untrue. it must be in an environment where fighters are respected for their worth, skills, hard work and dedication to sport, "Kessler said.

McGregor (21-4) fights for the UFC in October. He suffered a loss from the performance of Habib Nurmagomedov in a lightweight title match at UFC 229. Earlier this month, McGregor was arrested in Miami on charges of robbery and villainous crime after he had taken the phone to someone who was trying to make the photo his.

Before announcing his retirement on Monday, McGregor told The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon that he is in the process of negotiating a potential return to Octagon in July.

Ariel Helvani contributed to this report.


Source link