Microsoft released a new preview of Windows 10, the first version 20H1. No, this is not a typo: Microsoft is already developing an update to be released in the first half of 2020. The update of Windows 10 from build 18334 (available to testers on February 9) will build 18836.
Windows 10 is being developed as a service, meaning that it gets regular new features. Microsoft released six major updates so far: November Update, Update of the Anniversary, Creator Update, Autumn Creator Update, April 2018 Update and October 2018 Update
The seventh update is under development in the 19H1 branch . Today's version is for internal Windows users who have chosen the Skip Ahead option, which only a small number of Insiders can choose. Normally this would mean that 1
Here's how the company explained it:
These constructions are from the 20H1 development. branch. Some things that we work in 20H1 require a longer deadline. We will begin issuing 19B2 bits to Insiders later this spring after we finish 19H1 and are ready; after 19H1 is "almost complete and ready", we will also use the Release Preview ring for driver previews and 19H1 quality updates.
Windows Insiders today can continue to test 19H1 or test the first 20H1 version. But building 19H2 will not appear for a few more months.
This bug fixes and known issues
This 20H1 embedding includes the following general bug fixes and enhancements:
- The new security protection setting in the Windows Security app protects your device by helping to prevent counterfeiting bad players important security settings. The setting is intended to be turned on by default, but currently the default state is not valid for the current insider viewer assemblies. You may see a new recommendation in the Windows Security app that prompts you to include this setting.
- Fixed a problem where disabling location from the action center may take a few clicks to respond.
- Fixed issue leading to inability to
- Fixed issue where recently installed apps may not appear in search results.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some interstitials not being able to open Cortana when in Tablet mode. 19659010] Fixed issue from the previous flight where right-clicking on the desktop will result in a light context menu in a dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where the Cortana icon on the secondary monitors will not update colors after switching between a light and a dark subject.
- Fixed an issue where, when using a light theme + small icons + vertical orientation of the taskbar, the text written on kbar will remain white and can not be read.
- Fixed an issue that may cause apps not to appear on the taskbar (but visible in Alt + Tab).
- Fixed issue resulting in impossibility to log in to WinRE with an administrator account in the last few fields.
- Addresses for devices that get stuck with "Hibernating …" on the screen when resuming from hibernation.
- Fixed issue causing unexpected greases.
- Fixed a problem with the cursor and accessibility pointer settings, the size and color of the mouse pointer are saved in the upgrade.
- Fixed a problem where the Windows application protection may display an unknown status for the virus and threat protection area or not refresh properly.
This compilation has eight known issues:
- The issue that affects the Creative X-Fi sound cards remains.
- Starting games that use anti-scam software can trick
- While we've done some work to improve the reliability of the night light in this compilation, we're still exploring the issues in this space.
- When you reset this computer and select Save my files to a device that has enabled the reserved storage, the user will need to initiate an additional reboot to ensure that the repository is working properly again.
- File Explorer may close when trying to rename, delete, or move MKV files.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the narrator settings, the application crashes Settings.
- install one of the latest Skip Ahead compilations and switch to fast ringtone or slow ringtone – optional content, such as resolving programmer mode, will fail. You will need to stay in the quick ring to add / install / enable optional content. This is due to the fact that optional content will be installed only on approved for specific calls.
As always, do not install it on your production machine.