This is the second Tuesday of the month when Microsoft releases new updates to "Patch Tuesday" for all supported versions of Windows. For those of you who are already running Windows 10 version 1809, you should now see the 17763.316 (KB4487044) compilation in Windows Update.
Here are all the fixes included in this cumulative update:
- Addresses a problem that can not be set correctly for LmCompatibilityLevel. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies session authentication and security mode
- Addresses a problem that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening applications. This problem occurs if the database contains column names, greater than 32 characters. The database can not be opened with the "Unrecognized database format" error.
- Addresses a problem that causes the Windows key hybrid key to log on to fail for business failure if Windows 2019 (DC) domain controllers are used for authentication. The error is: "This option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a different login method. " If Active Directory Activity (AD) Tracking is enabled, an exception may apply to the Local Security Subsystem (LSASS) service in Windows 2019 DC when processing user login.
- Note The Microsoft Azure AD and AATP (Advanced Threat Protection) data capture feature allows you to track Active Directory activity by default.
- Meets a problem in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass the screen lock process for some workflows.
- Security Updates Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, Microsoft Jet Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and File Systems, Windows Input and Compiling, Windows Graphics and Platform and Application Frames on Windows.
Release notes for this new build mention a known issue that was already present in the previous build. This error can cause some web pages not to load in Microsoft Edge when they use a local IP add-in, and Microsoft says that is still working on a fix that will be delivered in an upcoming release.
If you are still using Windows 10 version 1803, you should now be able to download 17134.590 (KB4487017). This cumulative update has the same known issue that affects the assembly 17763.316 but comes with the following fixes:
- Addresses a problem that fails to correctly set the value of LmCompatibilityLevel. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies session authentication and security mode
- Addresses a problem that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening applications. This problem occurs if the database contains column names, greater than 32 characters. The database does not open with an "Unrecognized database format" error.
- Adds Top Level Domain Support to HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) Preload for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addresses a Problem that Prevents Microsoft Edge From Linking By IP Address
- Updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Application Platform and Frames, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Compiling, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Storage and File Systems, Windows Server, and Microsoft Jet Database Engine.
In case you are using old versions of Windows 10, there are new cumulative updates for versions 1709, 1703 and 1607. We invite you to check the Windows Support for Windows website special pages for more details.
Additional Information: Patch Tuesday, Windows 10, Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Windows 10 October 2018 Update