Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Missing woman for 2 years found alive in the sea

Missing woman for 2 years found alive in the sea

In a saga of centuries of survival, a Colombian woman who fell from the net two years ago was miraculously found alive in the sea by stunned fishermen. Since then, the video of her dramatic rescue has gone viral online.

“Thank God I was alive,” said Angelica Gaitan, 46, who was discovered Saturday by Roland Visbal as she sailed 1.2 miles from Puerto Colombia.

In the stunning footage taken by her rescuer, Visbal and a friend named Gustavo can be seen maneuvering their ship towards the hanging woman, who seems unresponsive. In fact, they initially took Gaitan for a piece of floating wood, while she raised her hands to signal for help, the Sun reported.

The video features a valiant duo trying to get the soaked woman̵

7;s attention by calling in Spanish and English. Unfortunately, Gaitan could not respond, with subsequent reports stating that she had suffered from exhaustion and hypothermia after being there for eight hours.

The couple finally managed, with some difficulty, to retrieve the debris from the water with the help of a rope attached to a lifeguard thrown at it. The Sun reported that the victim’s first words after the rescue were: “I was born again. God did not want me to die. ”

Further attempts to talk and give her water as Gaitan burst into tears in front of the camera, apparently overcome by emotion from his horrific ordeal.

Fortunately, the heroic fisherman managed to take the survivor to the shore, where, according to reports, the usual locals were taken to the hospital.

Once Gaitan was identified, her agonizing background came to light. As it turns out, the tramp got out of touch with his family two years ago and so far they had no idea where she was.

She later told RCN radio that the bowel movement was the culmination of 20 years of domestic violence she said she had suffered from her partner.

“The abuse started during the first pregnancy. “Beat me, force me,” Gaitan revealed in a shocking interview. “In my second pregnancy, the abuse continued and I couldn’t get out of it because the girls were small.”

Unfortunately, although Gaitan reported the incidents, police detained the perpetrator for only 24 hours, after which he returned home and resumed her attack, the Mirror reported.

The turning point came in September 2018, when, according to Gaitan, her partner “broke my face and tried to kill me.” Unable to bear his situation any longer, the deranged woman fled and eventually remained in Barranquilla for six months. Any attempt to seek help at a homeless shelter fails and she falls into a deep depression.

“I didn’t want to go on with my life,” said Gaitan, who later took a bus to the beach and “decided to jump into the sea.” The survivor said she remembered shortly after that moment, when she fainted.

Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding Gaitan’s disappearance and rescue.

Since then, local media have found Gaitan’s daughter, Alejandra Castiblanco, who is currently raising money with her sister to move Gaitan to their home in Bogota.

Source link