Giant Eagle adds its name to the list of major grocery chains, including Walmart and Kroger, warning consumers not to eat prepared foods that could containthis has exceeded over 600 people.
Giant Eagle recalls nearly 50 of a variety of ready-to-eat products it has purchased since July 25 – including dozens of salads, pizzas and hodges – that include onions as an ingredient, according to the company, which operates more than 410 stores in Indiana, Maryland. Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. (See the full list of downloaded products below.)
The products may contain a reminder of onions linked to the salmonella epidemic, which caused 640 illnesses as of Friday, including 85 hospitalizations in 43 countries.
People infected with salmonella can develop diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps within hours or sometimes days after being exposed to the bacteria. Children and adults 65 and older are more likely to get seriously ill, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The giant eagle̵
The latest withdrawal follows a public health warning from the Food Safety and Food Inspection Service, including meat and poultry products made on July 30 and 31 by Taylor Farms, based in Salinas, California and sold in Walmart and Kroger stores.
The warnings stem from a reminder earlier this month by Thomson International of all red, yellow, white and sweet yellow onions delivered nationwide from May 1 to the present.
Giant Eagle products and NDC codes called include:
- TUSCAN SAWN SALAD 20500200000
- MD CAPRESE SALAD 20660900000
- CHICKPEA & CARROT SALAD GREEK DRESSING 20686300000
- BACK SALAD WITH RANCH HOLDER 20730400000
- GREEN PORTABELLA 21660900000
- SEXUAL ITALIAN SUBJECT 21665100000
- FARMERS SALAD 21738800000
- CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD 22657400000
- MD BLT SALAD 22657700000
- MD BUFFALO CHICAL SALAD 22658400000
- OLD STYLE PASTA SALAD FRENCH DRISHING 22658500000
- GREEK SALAD LARGE 22660900000
- GREEN GREEN 22664600000
- MD GREXAL SALAD WITH GREEK DRUSHING 22665100000
- MD G&G GREEK SALAD 22667100000
- GE EGG & BACON SALAD WITH FRENCH DRUSHENE 23657100000
- MD PHILLY STYLE STEAK STROMBOLI COLD 23660700000
- CAJUN STYLISH SAWN FOOD 23662500000
- MD DIP-REUBEN 23665100000
- MD GREEK SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRUSH 23676600000
- STATION PAIN S0678 / 1602 24658700000
- 22INCH ITALIAN HOAGIE 24659500000
- SPECIAL 12 “ITALIAN HAGIE 24660600000
- CHEESEBURGER PIZZA SLICE 25048600000
- PHILLY STEAK PIZZA SLICE 25049300000
- PIEROGIE LASAGNA ROLL UP 25049400000
- HOMEMADE PASTA SALAD 25060700000
- SPANIKOPITA 25061200000
- 12 “DELUXE PIZZA 25065000000
- DELUXE ITALIAN PARTY HAGUE 25067800000
- VARIOUS PIZZA SLICE 25070900000
- 12 “GREEN PIZZA 25071800000
- LEAF GREEN PIZZA 25085100000
- FIRST BONE IN SAW GARMET BREAD 25086400000
- SMOKED BIOLEST SAW BIG GURMET 25086700000
- STUFFING OF TURKEY BIG GOURMET 25086800000
- PIEROGIES POTATO AND CHEEE 25089000000
- COLD ITALIAN HERO, 12 “25089400000
- ITALIAN HERO, 6 “, COLD 25093400000
- CASE FOR DIP DELI SERVICE 25118000000
- SPINACH DIP GRAB & GO 25118500000
- MD EGG & BACON SALAD WITH CAST BALSAMIC JERSEY 25118600000
- CUCUMBER SALAD 25139500000
- SANDWICH TOPER PLATTER – UP TO 25 SANDWICHES 25139600000
- ZUCHINNI PANCAKES 27665100000
- CONSULATED PEPPERS AND LIES AFTER FOAMING 27697700000
- MD S&F: DRAWN SANDWICH 27751700000
- CALIFORNIA COBB – SMALL 28659400000
Reminded products sold at Walmart and / or Kroger:
- 7.25 oz. a plastic sealed container marked “Sausage Breakfast Box” with lot code TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8 and with the best if used from 08/06/2020 or 08/07/2020.
- 6.2 ounces. a plastic sealed container marked “Taylor Farms Cheese and Chicken Salad Snack Tray” for use on 08/06/20 or 08/07/20 and batch code TFD212AU7 and TFD213AU7.
- 41.35-ounce. plastic bags containing ‘Chicken salad’ for use on 08/04/20 or 08/05/20 and lot codes TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8.
- 10 ounces. a plastic sealed container marked “Breakfast for chicken salad with breakfast” with batch codes TFD212AU3 and TFD213AU3 with best dates 08/06/2020 or 08/07/2020.
- 7.75-ounce. a plastic sealed container designated as “HEB Shake Rattle Bowl Southwest Chicken Salad” and best if used by the date “August 10, 2020” and batch code TFD213AU20.
- 17.25-ounce. a plastic sealed container labeled ‘Southside West Chicken Salad’ with best if used as of 08/11/20 or 08/12/2020 and batch codes TFD212AU26 or TFD213AU26.
The products bear the trade number “P-34733” or “34733” inside the USDA mark for inspection or printed on the container and are shipped to retail locations in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.