Mortal Kombat 11 is one of the next big games coming out, and it's due out soon, as it's set to launch on April 23 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Game Informer sat down with series creator Ed Boon and asked him about 166 quick-fire questions about the game and the franchise in general, along with some other silly and unrelated topics
It's a great interview and you should watch it here, but there are some quick takeaways from Boon:
- There will be "30-ish" characters overall; presumptively the rest are DLC
- There are no Quicktime events in the story
- No cross-play at launch; "We are definitely not against the idea."
- Mortal Kombat X sold nearly 1
- The best restaurant in Chicago is Pizzeria Due
- A script exists for the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie, and Boon said he'll be the best selling game ever.
- The Nintendo Switch version will run at 60FPS.
- He has had a conversation with Marvel about making a Marvel fighting game or a Marvel vs. DC fighting game.
- Neo from The Matrix was almost in Injustice 2; he will not be in Mortal Kombat 11.
- The Mona Lisa is the greatest work of art
- He is really enjoying Dragon Ball FighterZ
- There will be no loot boxes in Mortal Kombat 11.
- He wants to make a new IP; an online game that never stops. "
The newest confirmed playable character for Mortal Kombat 11 is Cetrion, who is an Elder God connected to Earth. You can find out more about her in GameSpot's coverage here
GameSpot recently went hands-on with the Switch version at PAX East 2019, and while it was a noticeable visual downgrade, we found the game ran and played perfectly fine on Nintendo's console. You can read more about the title in our Mortal Kombat 11 pre-order guide