From Saturday, young people between the ages of 12 and 17 who want to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in San Diego County without a parent present will have to provide a signed form to show that their parent or guardian has given permission.
The form will be published online and can be completed before the vaccine is given. Minors will still need to be accompanied to the meeting by an adult.
The consent form requires the parent or guardian to check their child’s name and contact information, as well as the child’s name and contact information. The form is not required if the parent or guardian is present during the appointment.
- Dosage doses: More than 3.73 million.
- Doses administered: Close to 3.28 million.
- Get at least one shot: More than 1
- Fully vaccinated: Over 1.3 million or 46.9%.
- Purpose: to vaccinate completely 75% of San Diego County residents aged 12 and over, or 2,101,936.
- To date, 84% of the target population has received at least one vaccine and 62.5% have been fully vaccinated. These percentages will be updated when new populations become eligible.
- More information on vaccination can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- Currently, the U.S. calculated San Diego County, adjusted case rate, is 3.7 cases per 100,000 population.
- The test positive rate is 1.7%.
- The health equity indicator is 2.0%.
- The CDPH evaluates counties on a weekly basis. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, May 18.
Outbreaks in the community
- A new community outbreak was confirmed on May 13 in a faith-based environment.
- In the last seven days (May 7 to May 13), 10 community outbreaks were confirmed.
- Activation of community outbreaks is seven or more in seven days.
- On May 13, 14,758 tests were reported in the county, and the percentage of new positive cases was 2%.
- The 14-day moving average rate of positive cases was 1.7%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The seven-day average daily value of the tests is 11,313.
Cases, hospitalizations and admission to the intensive care unit:
- On May 13, 261 cases of COVID-19 were reported in the county. The total region is now 278,852.
- 15,342 or 5.5% of all cases required hospitalization.
- 1,691 or 0.6% of all cases and 11% of hospitalized cases had to be admitted to the intensive care unit.
- Three new deaths from COVID-19 were reported on 13 May. The total region is 3,732.
- One woman and two men died between September 20, 2020 and April 20, 2021.
- The 2020 deaths had just been added to the list after a rigorous review of death certificates, which were incorrect or incomplete and required an analysis of patients’ medical records to determine if they were COVID-19 deaths.
- One of the dead was 80 or older, one 50 and one 40.
- All had a basic medical condition.
The more detailed summaries of the data found in County website coronavirus-sd.com are updated around 17:00 every day.