- A woman about 70 years old from Luna County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of COVID-19 New Mexico deaths is now 922.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 672 additional cases of COVID-19. As of Thursday, New Mexico had reported a total of 34,958 cases.
Recent cases include:
- 303 new cases in Bernalilo County (146 are from Bernalilo County Detention Center)
- 37 new cases in Chavez County
- 6 new cases in Cibola County
- 17 new cases in Curry County
- 89 new cases in Doña Ana district
- 26 new cases in Eddie County
- 5 new cases in Grant County
- 3 new cases in Hidalgo County
- 28 new cases in Lea County
- 3 new cases in Lincoln County
- 14 new cases in McKinley County
- 2 new cases in Mora County
- 2 new cases in Otero County
- 6 new cases in Quay County
- 1 new case in Rio Ariba County
- 6 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 29 new cases in Sandoval County
- 28 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in San Miguel County
- 18 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 20 new cases in the county of Valencia
- 6 new cases among individuals detained by federal agencies in Otero County Jail
- 2 new cases among prisoners from New Mexico in the Correctional Home in Central New Mexico in the county of Valencia
- 3 new cases among New Mexico prisoners at the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility in Donja Ana County
To see the number of positive cases in each county or by zip code, click here.
KOB 4 found that there was an 8.1% result from the positivity of the tests analyzed in Thursday’s state report.
The state says 150 people are currently being treated for COVID-19 at the hospital. The number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 outside the country but were hospitalized in New Mexico.
As of Thursday, there were 19,457 cases of COVID-19 identified as recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.