- A woman in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions. The person was a resident of downtown Las Palomas in Albuquerque.
- A 90-year-old woman from Chavez County. The person had underlying conditions and is a resident of Heartfelt Manor Assisted Living in Roswell.
- A teenage woman from Eddie County.
- A woman in her 70s from Roosevelt County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A woman in her 70s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A man of about 60 from Sokoro County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of COVID-1
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 819 additional cases of COVID-19. As of Friday, New Mexico had reported a total of 35,770 cases.
Recent cases include:
- 178 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 26 new cases in Chavez County
- 9 new cases in Cibola County
- 76 new cases in Curry County
- 146 new cases in Doña Ana district
- 36 new cases in Eddie County
- 3 new cases in Grant County
- 54 new cases in Lea County
- 16 new cases in Lincoln County
- 30 new cases in Luna County
- 5 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Mora County
- 23 new cases in Otero County
- 4 new cases in Rio Ariba County
- 8 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 42 new cases in Sandoval County
- 29 new cases in San Juan County
- 4 new cases in San Miguel County
- 39 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 6 new cases in Sierra County
- 7 new cases in Sokoro County
- 1 new case in Taos County
- 1 new case in Union County
- 23 new cases in the county of Valencia
- 31 new cases among individuals detained by federal agencies in Otero County Jail
- 1 new case among New Mexico Correctional Prisoners at the Lea County Correctional Facility
- 20 new cases among New Mexico prisoners at the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility in Donja Ana County
To see the number of positive cases in each county or by zip code, click here.
KOB 4 determined that there was a 9.6% result from the positivity of the tests analyzed in Friday’s report by the state.
The state says 168 people are currently being treated for COVID-19 at the hospital. The number may include individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 outside the country but are hospitalized in New Mexico.
As of Friday, there were 19,613 cases of COVID-19 identified as recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.