00 people in the Asam state of India died after drinking contaminated alcohol.
According to reports, the number of victims in India has reached 99, as more than 100 were hospitalized after tainted alcohol in the Indian state of Assam.
Almost all the victims are workers on the plantations of tea rural areas. The tragic incident is the second to happen in less than a week after approximately 100 people have died of poisoned alcohol in the state of Uttar Pradesh and surrounding areas. India – especially in more rural areas in the northeastern parts of the country – because it is much cheaper than regular alcohol. It can be fermented in a substance like beer or wine or distilled to get a liqueur, according to the BBC. It is reported that a specific batch containing methyl alcohol, which is a fuel or an industrial solvent commonly used in factories, is tracked in Assam.
The consumption of the substance may cause liver damage, blindness or death.
Assam doctors say dozens of workers are beginning to complain of headaches, chest pain and vomiting on Thursday.
WOMAN, 52 USED AFTER THE REQUEST FROM ITS OWN DOGS
Normally, but after a while my head started to hurt, "said an hospitalized teapot. "The headache has so much increased that I could not eat or sleep."
An investigation has been opened and expert analysts are about to investigate the mixture of methyl alcohol.