Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Business https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Parler CEO John Matze agrees with Jack Dorsey over banning Apple’s application

Parler CEO John Matze agrees with Jack Dorsey over banning Apple’s application



  • The CEOs of Twitter and Parler were at odds with each other on Saturday, each posting on its own network Apple’s decision to ban Parler.
  • Twitter’s Jack Dorsey posted heartfelt emoticons above a screenshot of the top download chart on the App Store, where Parler was before the ban.
  • “Yes, we were number one while fake news broke out on Twitter and your anti-competitive friends chased us,” said John Mace of Parler.
  • Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.

The top managers of Parler and Twitter were at odds with each other on Saturday, as each posted on its own network about Apple̵

7;s ban by Parler.

After Apple banned Parler for failing to remove violent content, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey posted a photo of the Top Charts on the App Store. Before the ban, Parler was the most downloaded application. He was gone until Saturday night.

Dorsey added emoticons with a heart.

Parler CEO John Matze responded by posting a screenshot of Dorsey’s tweet and adding his own comment.

“Yes, we were number one while fake news broke out on Twitter and your anti-competitive friends chased us,” Matze wrote. He added: “It’s really cute.”

Parler CEO John Matze

Parler CEO John Matze.

Fox News



Parler, which has become home to a growing number of conservative and right-wing voices, has been banned by app stores run by Apple and Google. Both companies said the app did not do enough to moderate inflammatory conversations. “There is no change without bloodshed!” A Parler user wrote when a crowd of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.

Google banned it late Friday, with Matze saying it was “a terrible way to deal with it.”

Apple followed with its own ban on Saturday after giving the app a day to update its moderation efforts. “Parler has not taken adequate action to address the spread of these threats to human safety,” Apple said.

Read more: New research suggests Parler should be taken seriously as a hotbed of extremism and conspiracy theories

Earlier on Saturday, Mace had announced the ban on Apple, saying Apple wanted it to introduce “surveillance” policies.

“They claim that this is due to violence on the platform. The community does not agree, because today we hit number 1 in their store,” he wrote. He noted that “Hang Mike Pence” became a hot topic on Twitter before the network stopped it.

“Showing the terrible double standard Apple and their big technology package is for the community,” Matze said.

At Parler, well-known users said the ban was a form of censorship.

“Apple and Google have already removed the Parler app. Welcome to political censorship! Spread the word so that your American colleagues know about it,” spokesman Devin Nunes wrote late Saturday night.

Representative Ken Buck writes that Congress must take action against Google, Facebook, Twitter and Apple. “Big Tech is abusing its monopoly power and engaging in censorship,” he wrote.

President Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump posted a photo of himself on Saturday with the caption: “The MAGA movement is not going anywhere. [President Trump] created the greatest political movement in American history. “

Like Twitter, Parler users can also go online. However, Amazon reportedly removed the company from its Amazon Web Services. The platform could go offline on Sunday night unless it can find an alternative hosting platform, Matze said. It can be offline for a week.

Mace said Saturday that technology companies are working together to shut down Parler.

“We are the closest thing to competition that Facebook or Twitter have seen for many years. I believe Amazon, Google and Apple have worked together to ensure they have no competition,” he said.




Source link