Making a turkey can be scary, but with the right tools, anyone can do it!
The New Orleans-style fast food chicken chain accepts pre-orders for its Cajun Style turkeys at participating restaurants across the country while deliveries last. Prices start at $ 39.99 and can be pre-ordered by calling local restaurants or visiting restaurants.
“Hand rubbed and infused with spicy Louisiana-style spices, Turkey Cajun Style comes pre-cooked, so all you have to do is just warm up, serve and enjoy,” Popees said in a statement to the US TODAY
For those who do not want to cook this year, the parties are also offered a la carte for pre-order. What will be popular for Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes and sauce.
Halloween 2020: Chipotle changes Boorito Halloween’s promotion to a digital deal among the coronavirus. Here’s how to get a deal
To play with your food: Kraft Heinz and Big G Creative are now selling a new suite of diverse games at Target
Turkeys are usually available for pre-order through Thanksgiving and consumers can choose the date of collection. Deliveries are limited.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Thanksgiving is expected to look different for many families this year. The country’s leading expert on infectious diseases, Dr. Anthony Foci, advises Americans to miss big plans for Thanksgiving.
Speaking to CBS Evening News last week, Fauci warned against “meeting indoors” with large groups of guests outside the city. “It’s unfortunate because it’s such a sacred part of the American tradition – family reunion around Thanksgiving,” he said. “But it’s a risk.” “
In guidelines issued for the autumn holidays, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also classifies “shopping in crowded stores just before, on or after Thanksgiving” as a list of riskier activities to avoid. Walmart is among retailers changing their sales on Black Friday to help reduce crowds among COVID-19s.
Popeyes cooking instructions
Here are Popeyes’ cooking instructions for making Cajun-style turkeys:
- Thaw for 48 to 72 hours in the refrigerator or 10 to 12 hours in cold water (change water per hour). Popeye says, “DO NOT thaw at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic during thawing.”
- Preheat a conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging, preserving juices.
- Place the turkey on a wire rack in a large roasting pan and pour the juices into the pan.
- Preheat the lower rack in the oven for 2 to 2.5 hours and until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit, measured with a meat thermometer placed in the deepest part of the meat of the breast (without touching the bone).
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- If desired, save the drops from the sauce pan.
Contribution: Adriana Rodriguez, USA TODAY
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/10/18/popeyes-thanksgiving-turkey-cajun-style-coronavirus-holiday/3702472001/