Prince Edward had a rather witty answer when asked about his nephew Prince Harry and Megan MarkleThe bomb interview with Oprah Winfrey, which saw the couple pose British royal family on the blast.
The Earl of Wessex and his wife Sophie Wessex recently participated in questions and answers with the British The Telegraph, where they were asked if they watched the two-hour seat in Sussex, broadcast on March 7.
– Oprah who? Edward interjected. Then his wife followed his example, answering with humor: “Yes, what interview?”
Instead of discussing family tensions directly, the Earl and Countess of Wessex alluded to the progress made by members of the royal family after the special CBS broadcast.
THE QUEEN WILL NOT CUT OFF PRINCE HARRY FOR FEAR OF MENTAL HEALTH
Edward revealed that it was “nice” to have a “long conversation” with Harry when the duke traveled to Britain from his home base in California to attend Prince Philip’s funeral.
During a special CBS, Harry, 36, revealed that his relationship with William and their father Prince Charles are torn. He described in detail how family divisions led the couple to retire from royal duties.
Markle described feeling so isolated and miserable in the royal family that she had suicidal thoughts. The former American actress also said that a family member has “concerns” about the skin color of her unborn child.
The family member was not Queen Elizabeth II or Prince Philip, according to Harry, sparking a wave of speculation about who he might be.
The former “Suits” The star also turned to a story that was previously reported, claiming that she made Middleton cry before May 2018. royal wedding to Harry for a disagreement in the closet.
PIERS MORGAN ACCUSES MEGAN MARKEL OF “LIES DOWN” IN A NEW INTERVIEW: “I DON’T BELIEVE THE WORD HE SAYS”
Markle informed the 67-year-old media mogul that “the opposite has happened”, but explained that the disagreement was quickly crushed.
Markle explained that a few days before the wedding, Middleton was upset by the floral dress that Charlotte was meant to wear.
“It made me cry and really hurt my feelings,” Markle explained. “And I thought in the context of everything else that was going on in those days leading up to the wedding, that there’s no point in not just doing what everyone else is doing, trying to be supportive.”
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT BULLETIN
However, Markle noted that the alleged feud that created such fodder for the media ended almost as quickly as it began with an apology from Middleton.
Thirty-six hours after the comments were broadcast, the palace issued a written statement in the name of the Queen, Harry’s grandmother.
“The whole family is sad to learn in full how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Megan,” the palace said. “The issues raised, especially those of the race, are of concern. Although some memories may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”
William also insisted that his family was not racist.
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app
The couple’s withdrawal from royal duties began in March 2020 because of what they described as raids and racist attitudes of the British media towards the Duchess. The couple now live in the coastal city of Montesito, California, and are expecting a baby girl to be born sometime this summer.
Stephanie Nolasco and the Associated Press of Fox News contributed to the report.