Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Prince Harry says social media drives ‘hate crisis’, urges businesses to withdraw advertising funding

Prince Harry says social media drives ‘hate crisis’, urges businesses to withdraw advertising funding



Britain’s Prince Harry said on Thursday that social media was fueling a “crisis of hatred” and he called on companies to rethink their role in advertising on digital platforms.

In an opinion for the American business magazine Fast Company, entitled “Social media divides us. Together we can redesign it”, Harry said that he and his wife Megan have spent the last few weeks calling on business leaders and marketing managers to problem.

“Companies like yours have a chance to reconsider your role in financing and maintaining online platforms that have contributed, pledged and created the conditions for a crisis of hatred, a crisis of health and a crisis of truth,” Harry wrote.

He did not name any companies.

Harry, the grandson of Queen Elizabeth, called for the online community to be “defined more by compassion than by hatred; from the truth instead of misinformation; from justice and inclusion, instead of injustice and fear; through free speech, not with weapons. ‘

Harry and Megan, officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, now live in Los Angeles after retiring from their royal roles in March to create new careers.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and policy

They withdrew from the United Kingdom after growing media hostility.

In a speech last month, Megan called on teenage girls and young women to drown in the sometimes “painfully strong” negative online chat with positivity.

In his opinion, Harry called on companies to use their advertising dollars “to demand change from the places themselves, which provide a safe haven and a means of spreading hatred and division.”


Source link