Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Prince Harry’s latest move leaves fans to guess

Prince Harry’s latest move leaves fans to guess



Prince Harry left royal fans, experts and the British media to guess with his decision not to publish a public statement.

However, the Duke of Sussex issued a statement through a source, according to Reuters.

Citing the source, Reuters said Prince Harry joined his brother William in welcoming a new investigation into how the BBC provided a well-known and controversial 1995 interview with their mother, Princess Diana. The source described it as a “quest for truth.”

;

A former Supreme Court judge is conducting a new investigation into how the TV operator received the interview and whether the executives covered up any illegal actions after accusations that the late princess was tricked into participating.

Prince William, second in line to the throne, said earlier this week that the investigation was a step in the right direction, and a source close to Harry said on Saturday that the prince was receiving regular updates.

The person familiar with the situation also questioned some British media reports, asking why Harry, who lives in California with his wife Megan and son Archie, had not joined his brother earlier in welcoming the investigation.

“Unfortunately, some people not only see this as a quest for truth, but also try to use it as an opportunity to try to drive a wedge between the brothers,” the man said.

Diana’s interview with Martin Bashir was watched by more than 20 million viewers in Britain and became one of the defining moments in her failed marriage to Prince Charles.

It included a confession of a love affair and a remark that “there were three of us in this marriage,” referring to Charles’ relationship with his second wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles.

This month, Diana’s brother Charles Spencer said the BBC had failed to apologize for what he said were fake documents and “another scam,” which led him to introduce Diana to Bashir.

The BBC said the broadcaster was determined to find out the truth about Spencer’s allegations and had appointed John Dyson, one of the country’s oldest retired judges, to head the investigation.

Bashir did not comment publicly on the situation, and the corporation said the journalist, who gained worldwide fame from the interview, was currently on sick leave, recovering from heart surgery and COVID-19 infection.

Harry and Megan moved to California after retiring from royal duties in January and signing a multi-year manufacturing deal with Netflix as part of their plans to be more financially independent.

The source added that the couple has decided to share their property in England, Frogmore Cottage, with their cousin Eugenie, but will stay there when they visit the UK.


Source link