Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Prince Philip has a “successful” heart procedure and will remain in hospital

Prince Philip has a “successful” heart procedure and will remain in hospital



LONDON – Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has undergone a successful medical procedure for pre-existing heart disease, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday.

Philip, 99, was first admitted to a London hospital last month after feeling unwell. The palace later confirmed he had an infection and on Monday he was transferred to another hospital to continue treatment and undergo heart tests.

The Duke of Edinburgh underwent a successful procedure for pre-existing heart disease at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital yesterday, the palace said in a statement early Thursday. “His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recovery for several days. . “

Earlier, the palace said it was expected to remain in hospital at least until the end of the week.

St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, which is run by the publicly funded National Health Service, says it has the largest specialized cardiovascular service in Europe.

Download the NBC News app for current news and policies

The Queen and Philip received their Covid-19 vaccinations in January.

During the coronavirus pandemic, the royal couple stayed at Windsor Castle, about 30 miles west of London. The United Kingdom has the highest casualties in Europe.

Philip retired from public office in 2017 and is the longest-serving royal husband in British history. In June he turns 100 years old.

In April, he issued a written statement praising participants in the fight against the coronavirus.

Philip and the Queen celebrated their 73rd birthday in November. Together they have four children – Charles, born in 1948; Princess Anne, born in 1950; Prince Andrew, born in 1960; and Edward, born in 1964, along with dozens of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Philip has had a number of health problems in recent years and was last hospitalized in December 2019, when he spent four nights in hospital for the palace’s planned treatment of an existing condition, although he did not disclose what the condition was.




Source link