Capcom’s plans for new games, including Resident Evil The villagethe launch, plus the source code of some games and other corporate financial secrets had expired on Sunday night from a ransomware attack that began on November 2nd.
The company confirmed the attack (but not the leaked information) in a news release Monday morning, warning that the personal information of about 350,000 people had been compromised. This potentially includes information for customers, shareholders and employees.
A copy of the ransom note received from Capcom was sent to Resetera; a group called Ragnar Locker took responsibility. The BBC reported that Ragnar Locker̵
Resetera users also noted that some of the information appears to be coming from 2018, so Capcom’s plans for the games may have changed since then.
But according to the redeemed leaks, Resident Evil Village is scheduled to launch in April 2021. Monster hunter Stories 2 is also scheduled for June 2021 on the Nintendo Switch and will also launch on PC.
Along the way, there is also a multiplayer Resident Evil from a royal battle type, according to leaked information. It is believed to be in the process of being the Ace Attorney collection for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch and The rise of the monster hunter will follow its launch in March 2021 on the Switch with October 2021 on the computer.
The most intriguing thing is that the hackers exposed the payments made to Capcom for launching its games on certain platforms. According to internal documents, Google Stadia paid Capcom $ 10 million Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 8and Sony paid $ 5 million for Capcom to do so Resident Evil 7 for Playstation VR, plus an exclusive during-game DLC.
Capcom’s statement Monday morning confirmed that sales reports and financial information were confirmed as compromised. Exactly how much information was leaked at the time of the leak has not been confirmed, but states that “none of the data at risk contains credit card information”.
The company said it was continuing to investigate the incident. The attack was discovered on November 2 and “destroyed and encrypted data” on its internal servers, Capcom said.
“The investigation and analysis of this incident took extra time due to the targeted nature of this attack, which was carried out with the help of what could be called a specially created ransomware,” said Capcom, “as reflected in some media reports specifically targeting to a company for maliciously encrypting information stored on its servers and deleting access logs. “
The leak also reveals three untitled projects in progress, but few of their details: Guillotine, expected or switching in February, and other platforms in May; Reiwa, unknown platforms, in May; and Shield, a multiplayer shooter aimed at streaming players.