One man is dead and at least three others were injured, two critically, following a shooting at a high school in Southern California Thursday morning, officials said.
About an hour and a half after the shooting was reported at about 8 a.m. at Saug High School in Santa Clarita, authorities said they found a suspect who was no longer a threat.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department previously stated that the suspect was an Asian man wearing black clothing, last seen in high school.
Henry Mayo Newhol Hospital tweeted that it had accepted four patients. One female is dead, two men are in critical condition and another man is in good condition, the tweet said.
"This is an active shooting situation," a tweet from the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Office said before the suspect was located. "If you live in neighborhoods anywhere near Saugus High, PLEASE CLOSE DOORS and stay inside. If you see suspects, men's dark clothing, in back yards, etc. CALL 91
" Parents, MPs are on stage everywhere, protecting your "The Sagus High School in Santa Clarita, California. KNBC
The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Office tweets just before 8 a.m. Local time to avoid the Saug High School area. , which is in Los Angeles County, about 40 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. but the office says people report that shots were fired at the school.
Saugus is locked up, as are neighboring elementary schools and all schools in the William S. Hart High School District, officials said.
Aerial video shows students with raised hands being escorted. of out-of-school lawmakers to about 2,300 students, NBC Los Angeles reported.
An area was created in which parents could reunite with students in a park about three miles from the school.
White House spokesman Judd Deer told the Associated Press that President Donald Trump was monitoring incident reports.
This is a developing story; please check again for updates.