Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Some dead, others became ill after eating tainted beef

Some dead, others became ill after eating tainted beef



One person died and nine others became ill in six states after apparently eating ground beef contaminated with salmonella.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports on Friday afternoon. Eight of the 10 people needed for hospitalization. The number of hospitalizations is much higher than what health officials typically expect to see from salmonella. The CDC said salmonella poisoning is usually 20 percent hospitalized.

Let our news meet your box.

The preliminary investigation suggested that the contaminated beef was to blame, but health officials had failed to identify any brand or source.

Investigators claim that those who become ill report eating different brands of ground beef purchased from different places.

Cases have been reported in California, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. Those who fall ill are between the ages of 48 and 74 and most are men.

Experts suggest that people avoid eating beef that is not cooked well to an internal temperature of 1

60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Symptoms of Salmonella poisoning include: diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps. Many young children and those over the age of 65 are most at risk of severe symptoms.

Follow NBC HEALTH on Twitter & Facebook.


Source link