South Carolina football hosts No. 1
Dave Pash will serve as the voice for the ESPN game, and Greg McElroy will provide the analysis. Holly Rowe will handle the side reporting.
This is the 13th match of all time between South Carolina and Auburn, with the Tigers holding a 10-1-1 command advantage, including a 3-0 record when the games are played in Columbia and a 4-0 score when the teams met in Reverse. The last time they met, South Carolina entered Jordan Rabbit Stadium and pushed number 5/6 Auburn to the brink in a shootout before falling 42-35 on October 25, 2014.
Follow below with live in-game updates and analysis, refreshing the page during the action and joining Plano’s Palmetto Proving Grounds discussion board by clicking HERE.
– It seems that Gamecocks will be without corner ties Israel Mukuamu and Cam Smith today. Both were not noticed when the whole team warmed up 30 minutes before the start.
– It seems that a new duo for offensive battles will debut today. Jazston Turnetine (left) and Dylan Wonnum (right) were declared starting when lineups were shown on the Williams-Brice Stadium scoreboard.
– First-year quarterback / wide receiver Luke Dottie took pictures with receivers while Colin Hill and Ryan Hilinski took quarterback repetitions.
– Today’s captains of Gamecock: Nick Moose, Brad Johnson, Shea Smith and Ernest Jones.
– Auburn wins the coin toss and chooses to be different. Gamecocks will receive.
– The startup is opened for the touchback. Kevin Harris takes the first transfer and gets a yard. Harris wears again, gets two more yards. At 3 and 7, the disputed deep ball for Xavier Legget falls incomplete. Leget took one hand. Kai Kroeger’s punt turned well and was taken down by Carolina’s special teams on the 20-yard line.
– The opening of the game for the “Tigers” is an attempt to flutter fleas for Anthony Schwartz, but it is not complete. Tank Bigsby was stopped after a one-yard gain. At 3 and 9, Bo Nix found DJ Williams for a 22-yard win. Two plays later, Seth Williams takes the first down. After a short finish by Schwartz and an incomplete pass, Knicks lifted the first one with his feet. In the next series, Bigsby lifts first, Tigers down to SC20. Incomplete pass to the end zone, broken by Jaycee Horn. Nix was fired by Keir Thomas in second place. At 3 and 12, the short pass to Schwartz was won by five. A field target unit appears. The goal of 35 yards on the field is good. Auburn leads 3-0
– Gamecocks start again from a 25 yard line after a touchback. Harris carries the middle for two yards. Colin Hill was fired in second place. Gamecocks’ offensive line was defeated in the running and passing game. On the 3rd and 13th Kevin Harris broke for a 78-yard touchdown, but a flag in the game will bring him back. Jovan Gvin called for detention. Now at 3 and 23, Dakereon Joyner’s short pass has no profit. Kroeger punts fair, caught on the 44-yard Auburn line.
“The Tigers are raising eight yards in the air first.” They moved the chains to the next play and are now in Carolina’s 37-yard line. After a 12-yard return game, Bigsby won 14 yards after interrupting multiple battles. On the 1st and 10th of the 11-yard line, Horn smashed what would be a touchdown catch. Horn smashes another possible touchdown released by Seth Williams. Eli Stove scores a touchdown, revealed in the sloping game. The two-point conversion is not good. Auburn leads 9-0
– Gamecocks are archived to start their third drive. After Shea Smith returned to the 18-yard line, the detention penalty pushed him back to the 9-yard line. Smith lifts eight yards from the first down. Harris can’t take a yard on a second run. On the 3rd and 2nd, Harris takes first down with a catch. He takes him to the 29-yard line. The pass intended for Smith on the side of Auburn is incomplete. Smith takes a handoff from Hill and fights for a four-yard loss. On the 3rd and 14th, the Auburn defensive back was called in for a distraction pass covering Smith down the side line of the Gamecock. Carolina to 40 yards line after penalty. An attempt to pass to Smith by throwing Hill to the right is thwarted. The first carry of the Deschaun Fenwick is a six-yard run. On the 3rd and 4th of the 46-yard line Smith passes. Punt comes out. Kroeger turns the field with a 51-yard kick that falls on the 3-yard line.
– Schwartz quickly led him to the 25-yard line in his first game of possession. The first quarter ends with the Tigers facing the 3rd and 6th on the 29-yard line. END Q1: Auburn 9 – Carolina 0
– The false start makes him 3rd and 11th. Horn pulled in a catch as Nix slipped out of balance. This is the first interception in Horn’s career in South Carolina. Gamecocks take on the Tigers’ 29-yard line. After a 4-yard run by Harris, Smith lifts first to the 16-yard line. Harris carries the middle four yards. Harris lifts first with a catch from the back field. This is the first goal of the 3-yard line. Harris breaks it, but the game is reconsidered. Supported, touchdown for sophomore. Auburn leads 9-7
– Touchback. After two short runs from Bigsby, Nix embarks on the projected game first. Knicks throws a 50-50 ball, which is somehow caught by Seth Williams over Jesse Horn on the 15-yard line. Biggsby lowered him to the 2-yard line. There is a question of confusion, but it seems to have fallen. There is no review of the play. Will Mushamp called for a time-out with Carolina’s defense backed up as much as possible. Biggsby barely touches as he climbs in the middle for a touchdown. It was a 7-game, 75-yard drive, highlighted by Williams’ 44-yard catch over Horn. Auburn leads 16-7
– Touchback. The first game is 20 yards, while Hill finds Nick Moose. After a frayed pass on the line of scrimmage and a collision on Hill without a win, this is the 3rd and 10th of the 45-yard line. Hill is pressed and the elimination of Rico Powers comes out earlier than the freshman expected. It was double covered. Punt from Kroeger was taken down on the 8-yard line.
“Williams is six yards from the first down.” Two plays later, on the third down, Knicks lifts another first down with his feet. Williams was caught without a win in the next game. Capers drops the first pass down. On the 3rd and 10th, with a flag in the game, the Tigers do not go down first. Kingsley Enagabare called for an offside, a five-yard penalty and now 3rd and 5th from the 39-yard line. Interruption of a pass from Horn and Jail Dickerson intercepts him. Gamecocks take on the Tigers’ 49-yard line.
– Back to back gain of two yards for Fenwick. Hill then finds Smith down for the first time. In the next game, the same connection applies to six yards. Fenwick lifts down first, to a 23-yard line. Fenwick gets it again, lifts another six yards. Fenwick lifts two more yards. Gamecocks are in a hurry and Fenwick gets just enough. Harris replaces him. Hill goes to Josh Van and he takes the first down, stopped on the 2-yard line. Harris takes the yard. Remaining: 42 on the game clock, Muschamp takes a timeout. Auburn countered with a timeout after Gamecocks came out in a package of goal lines with full back Adam Prentice. Hill pushes the ball over himself for a touchdown. It will be reviewed. Is supported. Auburn leads 16-14, 35 left in the first half
– Mitch Jeter kicks the ball out of bounds. The Tigers begin possession of a 35-yard line with two timeouts. The first down game is incomplete. The second is a five-yard pickup truck. The stove lifts first. Nix goes out of bounds with no profit. With the clock stopped and three seconds left to play on Auburn’s 49-yard line, Muschamp took the last half of the half. Knicks has been fired. HAPPY: Auburn 16 – Carolina 14
– Touchback. Short gains in the first and second declines for the Tigers. At 3 and 10, Carolina’s offside. In the next game, Horn called for defensive detention. The Tigers then raised two more first falls, to SC27. RJ Roderick injured in the game. The Tigers raised another six yards into possession and Carlson’s 38-yard goal was good. Auburn leads 19-14
– Touchback. Harris won eight yards on the first downshift. He is missing half a yard for the first down in the next game. He lifts the first one down and Auburn is called for a face mask. Gamecocks have a ball on a 50-yard line. The on-screen pass to Smith lifts five yards. Incomplete map for Legette. Harris picks up a lot more first. That’s a profit of 19 yards to the 26-yard line. Fenwick then carries it to the 8-yard line. Hill climbs, losing two in the game. Offside, free play, jumping with a ball and Smith goes down with it. Now Gamecocks go for two and fail. However, Gamecocks have their first lead. It was a 9 game, 75 yard drive. South Carolina leads 20-19
– Auburn starts the 31-yard line. Bath pass first down. Nix lifts one meter a second down. Incomplete omission. Punt was justly caught by Jammie Robinson on the 28-yard line.
– Dakereon Joyner lifts 14 yards in a rematch. Harris follows him four yards, shrugging. Harris lifts three more yards. On the 3rd and 3rd of the 50-yard line, the deep pass intended for Keveon Mullins is incomplete, but is called a pass. Gamecocks now reach Auburn’s 35-yard line. Harris lifts four yards to the ground. After Adam Prentis is the first to board with a reception, Hill’s planned pass for Dakereon Joyner is returned and selected without return.
“Inverted creatures have an 18-yard line.” In the second down, Schwartz raises the first down. On the 3rd down and 7, Nix’s pass to Williams was picked by Horn and returned to the 8-yard line.
– In the first game Harris scored it for the result, untouched. South Carolina leads 27-19
– Touchback. Knicks rushes for four yards. Incomplete for Schwartz. On the 3rd and 6th of the 29-yard line with: 16 left in the quarter, Malzan took a timeout. Nix rushes about a meter from the marker, but Auburn is called to hold him. Now 3rd and 16th from the 19-yard line, but the working clock ends the quarter. END Q3: South Carolina 27 – Auburn 19
“Like Carolina’s huge touchdown, which was rejected in the first quarter, a huge catch that rolls over and is run by Williams is called for by waiting.” Auburn takes a few yards in the next game, but doesn’t reach the marker and has to put up. Gamecocks will receive it on their own 21-yard line.
– An unsuccessful click on the first down forced Hill to fall on top of the ball, losing five yards. Fenwick took those five yards and a few more to make 3rd and 7th from the 24-yard line. Smith lifts 32 yards to Auburn’s 44-yard line with an acrobatic catch. Hill to Muse for nine yards and then Fenwick moved the chains with an 8-yard move. Fenwick again, for four yards. Incomplete map designed for Mullins. Fenwick lifts two more yards, but can’t move the chains. Parker White’s 39-yard line gave Gamecocks a two-lead lead with 9:13 left to play. South Carolina leads 30-19
– Touchback. Auburn’s greatest play of the day comes from Bigsby, 30 yards, run along the sideline. Then a 19-yard pickup to the 26-yard line. Then another big run from Bigsby is on the 7-yard line, first and naked. Bigsby is stopped for a profit by one. Williams was stopped after winning one. On the 3rd and goal from the 5-yard line, Nix’s transfer to the end zone is incomplete. A goal unit comes out on the Tigers field. Carlson’s 22-yard goal is good. It was a 7-game, 70-yard score for the Tigers. South Carolina leads 30-22, 6:36 to the left