قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Syria Ceasefire: Clashes continue despite US deal with Turkey

Syria Ceasefire: Clashes continue despite US deal with Turkey



The shelling and artillery fire were reported on Friday in the border city of Ras al-Ain, one of the targets of Turkey's weekly offensive against Kurdish fighters, long supported by the United States.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), led by Kurdish troops, told CNN that the shelling of the Turkish military and the Syrian rebel proxies supporting them had struck in a number of civilian areas in Ras al-Ain, including a hospital. SDF says five fighter jets were killed in the attack.

"The SDF is engaged in a ceasefire, but from last night until this morning we have observed the firing of Ras al-Ain by the Turkish army and its mercenaries on the SDF and Kurdish civilians. goals, and in particular at Ras al Ain Hospital in the city this morning, "said SDF Press commander Merivan Qamishlo.

" The situation inside Ras al Ain Hospital is catastrophic. Three ambulances belonging to the Kurdish Red Crescent were prevented from entering and firing. The city is completely encircled by air and land from the Turkish military, "he said.

The fighting comes just a day after Pence announced that he and Erdogan had agreed to a deal to stop Turkey's invasion of northern Syria, which was launched after President Donald Trump effectively gave Turkey the go ahead by calling Erdogan earlier this month.

The deal ̵

1; which does not clearly define the boundaries of the safe zone – seems to guarantee Turkey most of its military goals forcing one-time allies and America to cede vast territory in the fight against ISIS.

Clashes of misinformation, "says Erdogan

The Turkish government insists that the agreement is not a ceasefire, only a" pause " for operations in the region reflecting Ankara's views on the status of Syrian Kurds.

Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Erdogan said the Turkish offensive would resume if the United States did not provide its guarantee to remove Syrian Kurdish fighters from the safe zone area by Tuesday evening.

"If America can keep the promise at the end of 120 hours, the issue of the safe zone will be resolved," Erdogan said. "But if that promise is not fulfilled, we will continue with the operation with more determination than there, where we left off, the minute after 120 hours was over. "

Earlier, the Turkish president called the reports of the collision" misinformation. "[19659004]" The reports of clashes between Turkish forces and YPG / PKK terrorists in the safe zone are nothing else, except for misinformation, "Erdogan said.

  & # 39; Cease fire & # 39; What are the four things you need to know about the US-Turkey deal in Syria

But the SDF said on Friday that Turkey's attacks continue in Ras al-Ain and target medical workers ambulances and medical points.

Two YPG fighters say the Turkish-backed rebel Free Syrian Army prevented the Kurdish war but died from wounds it received in an attack three days ago near Ras al-Ain and three other paramedics are in critical condition . The Red Crescent convoy since entering Ras al-Ain to evacuate the injured in the last few days.

The Kurdistan-based Rojava Information Center in northern Syria tweeted a video Friday showing what describes a convoy of civilians and volunteers who were stranded outside Ras al-Ain after falling under artillery and AK-47.

"Despite the ceasefire agreement, air and artillery attacks continue to target the positions of fighters, civilian settlements and the hospital at Serekani / Ras al-Ain. Turkey violates the ceasefire agreement by continuing to attack the city from last night, "the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) press center said in a statement on Twitter.

CNN's Hamdi Alhshali contributed to this report.


Source link