قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The 2-year-old died from E. coli after visiting animals at the San Diego County Fair

The 2-year-old died from E. coli after visiting animals at the San Diego County Fair



One child died, and three others were concerned about E. coli after having been in contact with animals in the San Diego fair neighborhood, California health authorities said. This is a complication, the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency said in a statement.

The other three children did not need hospitalization. They all visited the fair between June 8th and June 15th and showed symptoms from June 10th to June 16th, the agency said. The four cases include children aged 2 to 13 years. Their names have not been released.

While the source of E. coli is under investigation, "all children had a visit to the zoo or the zoo, or had another contact with animals at the San Diego Fair," the Department of Health said: 1

9659002] The authorities of the fair have closed public access to all areas of the animals, including the zoo. More than 1 million people have visited the fair that will last until Thursday.

"Our hearts, our prayers, our thoughts go out to the family and friends of this little child," Timothy Fennel, Chief Executive Officer of Del Mar Fairgrounds and General Manager of the Fair, said at a press conference Friday night. "We are devastated."

Fennell said she had been informed of three cases of E. coli on Friday morning and learned that a child had died tonight and acted promptly to follow the leadership of the health department. He said it seemed that the children had a connection with a possible livestock or zoo.

Fennell said the fair will continue. "No pollution is related to food or food, which is confirmed," he said.

The Department of Environmental Health has checked the food facilities visited by the children and has not found a link to the case, the health department.

There are many strains of E. coli, but the children have got rid of E. coli producing Shiga toxins that are infected by swallowing small, usually invisible, quantities of human or animal feces, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .

"Our sympathies go to the family of the child who died of this disease," said municipal health minister Wilma J. Wooten. "While most people recover from this disease without complications, 5-10% of people diagnosed with STEC develop a life-threatening kidney infection."

The fair was opened on May 31st. and so far this year, more than 1 million people have been attended, said a spokesman for justice.

Symptoms of E. coli infections producing Shiga toxin may vary, but often include diarrhea, severe abdominal cramps and vomiting. According to the Health Department

the CDC estimates that E. coli, producing Shiga toxins, causes about 3600 hospitalizations and 30 deaths each year in the United States. The highest risk for severe illness is children under 5, adults over 65 and those with weakened immune systems.

The District Health Department said the most important step to prevent the infection is good hand washing hygiene and reminds people to always wash their hands after contact with animals or their environment.


Source link