| Longest Active Stream with Usage Speed
|| ] Lewron James
|| Click to enlarge
| Click to enlarge
| Angelo Russell
17. Can two players with such high uses really coexist? History suggests that such fears can be exaggerated. For example, Kevin Durant's use rate in Seattle / Oklahoma City is 30.5%; in three seasons at Golden State, it dropped almost an insensitive amount to 29.1. The rate of use of Steph Curry in the three seasons prior to Durant's accession, meanwhile, was 29.9%; in three seasons with Duran, it actually rose slightly to 30.4.
18. Or think about another recent pairing. The use of Chris Paul by Clippers is 24.3%; Houston was 23.5. At the same time, Harden noticed that his use had increased significantly with Paul as a teammate, from 31.0% in Houston before adding Paul to 38.4% afterwards. So it is definitely possible for the two dominant players to retain this feature while they are teammates.
19. A total of 10 teams in the history of the NBA have included two qualifying players with 30% or more – and these 10 teams are really good. On average, they won 54 matches (or shortened season equivalent); five reached the finals, and three others reached the final of the conference. Only in 1980, San Diego Clippers, with Free B. and Freeman Williams, missed the playoffs or won less than 50 games.
20. Of the successful teams, three have already participated in Westbrook, with Durant in Oklahoma City. Three more were the Shak-Kobe Lakers Team, two were LeBron-Wade Heat Joints, and the final team saw Shaq and Wade joining Miami. The lesson is that if the two players are talented enough to justify the use of so many possessions, their team will probably benefit from their shared skills rather than suffer from the overly restrictive policy of my order, your turn. The NBA game has many possessions and their number is only rising – it has reached 100 for last year's basketball team, the highest basketball season for three decades. This leaves more than enough space for Harden and Westbrook to perform their full-off offensive games when playing together, not to mention the ability of Antoni to erase his minutes to make sure that each of them is able to manage his possessions at any time.
Westbrook on a Ball
It is worthwhile to increase the scale of offensive Antoine's play a little more to consider not just how often Westbrook can shoot or throw the ball, but under what circumstances can did. In some respects, Westbrook seems to be coincident with Ethan Antony's ethos.
21. Last season, the top three players who played in a game (minimum 40 games played) were Harden, Westbrook and Paul. One difference is that Harden has always been an effective fighter of isolation – last season he scored almost twice as many isolation points as any other team while Westbrook tended to be rated below the average for points in isolation time.
22. Westbrook fits – and perhaps fits better – in other areas as well. Also last season Harden led the NBA in match matches (19.6), while Westbrook took third place (18.4).
23. The two guards differed in what they did later, though both were successful in turning the disks into points. Hardd mostly shoots and takes fouls; among players with at least 10 discs per game, he scored the highest percentage of his discs. Westbrook mostly passed; in the same group of frequent drivers he ranked first in the help rate of his raids to the brink.
24. Westbrook ranked second in a percentage of assisted discs in 2017-18. The first place this season was Paul, who spent his first season in Houston to shoot the perimeter shooters and centers that were moving to the edge.
25. Westbrook is suitable for the same kind of distribution in Houston, with one warning. It's not true, as the general belief may suggest that Westbrook will play more capable targets for his transfers to Houston than in Oklahoma City. In the last three seasons, Thunder's most common 3-point shooters failed to reach 38% of their three arrows – the same as Houston's players for the same period.
26. Rockets also highlighted the creation of shots from their guards – only Paul and Harden had an average of 2.5 assists for a match last season, and Westbrook is already well aware of this score. Of the 120 players last season who made at least 300 shots, Hardon ranked first in the percentage of his non-assisted field goals (87%). Second place is Paul (86%). The third was Dear Aaron Fox, and the fourth was Westbrook (75%). Previous season, Paul ranked first, Hard second, and Westbrook third. In other words, Harden and Westbrook may not share the ball with each other, but they can do it with themselves.
Westbrook leaves the ball
How about when Westbrook does not have the ball? This is another great test for D'Antoni – and for the player himself – given the Westbrooke story of carelessness. It is difficult to quantify the movement with public data, but we can look at two quick measures that show how little Westbrook is integrated into this crime division in Oklahoma City.
The first is the presentation as a man on a pickup roller. Last season, Westbrook completed the total amount of one possession in that role. Before the season he finished three. Returning through the season, this type of absence continues: one, three, one, three, four, one.
28. To be honest, Antoni has not normally used his guards this way. Harden, for example, has only finished three plays as a role-playing player last season. But this option can cause irritation this season – imagine a pickup in which the defense defenses double Harden and leave Westbrook's room with the ball in his hands, with a game of four to three power that moves to the edge of the a Draymond Green. Given the passage of Westbrook, such an assault ring can sing, especially in a small Tuckwagon squad, which includes four archers around Westbrook. Other teams use unorthodox combinations for pickup and throw to hit defenses – for example, Curry finished 38 plays as a reel last season – and Houston would do well with tactics this season.
29. The other measure to be explored is screen help or pictures that lead directly to taken pictures. Returning three seasons, I calculated the average values for each game screen for every guard with at least 50 games played. Here is the percentage rating for Westbrook in the screen assists for each of these seasons, plus these rankings for a handful of other elite comparator guards
Percentage rating for screen play helps with security
|| ] 2017-18
|| ] 77-ма
|| In 2016-17, Westbrook gained one general assistant throughout the season; last year he was five. Any other elite point guard is consistent, if not an elite setter; Westbrook had hardly bothered him in the CCP. (Curry will be the most prolific screening in the league, if not Ben Simmons, who is a different kind – and builds up – a player in the position.) Notice how Paul rose from the middle of the league to the top after he joined the rockets . If Westbrook follows his example at the beginning of the season, showing the newly discovered engagement in the offense when the ball is not in his hands, it will be an encouraging sign for Mori and Co, and for rockets wider as the team is keen to maintain its elite production with a new second star