Google says it knows the best times to visit places like cafes, pharmacies, grocery stores, restaurants and parks if you want to avoid the crowds.
The data is extracted from Google Maps, which can now show you how much space is occupied before you visit. This is quite general and will vary depending on where you live and the store or restaurant you plan to visit. But here’s when Google says it’s the best time to visit certain places if you don̵
Trends in Google Maps: Popular times
- Cafes: Least busy on Tuesday at 16:00, busiest on Saturday at 10:00
- Pharmacies: Least busy on Monday at 9am, busiest on Friday at 3pm
- Grocery stores: Least busy on Monday at 8 am, busiest on Saturday between 12 and 3 pm
- Restaurants: Least busy on Tuesday at 15:00, busiest on Friday at 18:00
- Parks: Least busy on weekdays at 7am, busiest on Saturdays at 4pm
You can see how busy a place is on Google before you visit it by following these steps:
- Open Google Maps on your phone.
- Look for where you plan to go, like a pharmacy.
- Touch it.
- Scroll down the description and phone number.
- Stop where it says “Popular Times.”
- You will see a diagram of how busy this place is at the moment and how much it is usually occupied at different points throughout the day.