A Briton who contracted malaria, dengue fever and Covid-19 while working for a charity in India is now struggling to recover from a venomous cobra bite.
After spending the glove on infectious diseases, Ian Jones was bitten by a deadly snake in a village near Jodhpur in western India, Rajasthan. Although he was lucky enough to survive the bite, he now suffers from blindness and paralysis of his legs.
The Isle of Man’s family says he spent nearly two weeks in intensive care, but has now left the hospital due to a lack of beds and a large number of coronavirus patients. It’s Jones “Very scared” of his condition, but his doctors hope he can fully recover.
“Dad is a fighter, during his stay in India he already suffered from malaria and dengue fever before Covid-1
The former health worker runs a charity that helps traditional craftsmen in Rajasthan import their goods into Britain to help them get out of poverty.
When the pandemic broke out, Jones chose to stay in India to help the community in which the charity operates. “When we heard that he also suffered what is usually a fatal snake bite, on top of everything he experienced, we honestly couldn’t believe it.” his son added.
Also on rt.com
How long can a python be? 6 massive snakes rescued from an abandoned pipe in India (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Do you like this story? Share it with a friend!