The cause of death of Shock G, the frontman of the rap group Digital Underground, was revealed as an accidental overdose of fentanyl, methamphetamine and alcohol, reveals the summary of the initial case by a medical expert.
The late rapper was last seen alive at a hotel in Tampa, Florida, but was later found to have failed to respond on April 22 by the hotel manager, who looked at the artist after missing his payment time, according to a report received. from Page Six.
Shock G, born Gregory Jacobs, was pronounced dead at the hospital that day at the age of 57, but a spokesman for the medical expert’s office said the last autopsy had not yet been completed at that time.
The medical expert did not immediately return the request for comment to Page Six on Friday.
The rap group is best known for the 1
Shock G started the eccentric band in Oakland, California, which once featured the famous rapper Tupac Shakur, in 1987. Shakur appeared in the group “The Same Song”, in which he rapped the last verse.
Shock G’s death was first confirmed by co-founder Chopmaster J in an Instagram post.
“34 years ago, almost to the day we had a wild idea, we could be a hip-hop band and take over the world through it, the whole dream became a reality and reality became a nightmare for some,” Chopmaster J reported.
“And now he’s awakened from fame, a living shock G Aka Humpty Hump and Rest in Peace, my Brotha Greg Jacobs !!!”