Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The Connecticut cop held back tears after his mother was arrested for killing his son

The Connecticut cop held back tears after his mother was arrested for killing his son

A Connecticut mother has been arrested after she allegedly killed her 4-year-old son, authorities said on Sunday.

Police in New London responded at approximately 6:27 a.m. Sunday on a report of a woman damaging a parked vehicle with a bat in front of a 242 Nautilus Drive apartment.

Upon arrival at the scene, the police made contact with the owner of the vehicle. The reported suspect, later identified as 33-year-old Tiffany Farauto, left the scene before police arrived.

While on the scene with the owner of the vehicle, Farauto contacted the police and informed them that she had “strangled” her four-year-old son, who was inside the apartment.

New London Police Chief Peter Reichard told a news conference on Sunday that Farauto had told officers to “take me away”

;. When one of the employees asked her why she wanted to be taken away, “she stated that she had hurt her son and that her son was in the apartment,” Reichard said.

Police immediately entered the apartment, where they found a young male child unconscious and did not respond. The officers immediately started the RPR in an attempt to resuscitate the child, while notifying the emergency medical staff. The child was later transported to L + M Hospital by the New London Fire Department. The child was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital by medical staff.

The site was immediately secured and detectives responded to investigate the incident. The New York State Attorney’s Office in the judiciary, the Connecticut State Police, the Eastern District Division for Major Crimes, and the Office of the Chief Medical Expert were also notified and responded to the scene.

Farauto was initially arrested on two counts of third-degree crimes. Following further investigation, Farauto was also charged with murder and risk of injuring a minor.

As he spoke about the child’s death at Sunday’s press conference, Richard began to get excited.

“I spoke to the police, who were the first to arrive at the scene. They were suffocated by this. They all have children of the same age and this happens at home. It hits you right in the gut, ”Reichard said as he tried to hold back his tears. “I myself went to the emergency department, where there were several more of my employees and the entire staff of the emergency department. He hits them with them too and they do these things every day. It’s not easy.”

Reichard added that he would not publicly identify the boy until the child’s father and family were notified. Police expressed their condolences to the child’s family in a statement posted on the department’s Facebook page.

The investigation into the incident continues. An autopsy will be performed on Monday to determine the cause of the child’s death. Farauto, who is being held on a $ 2 million bond, will also undergo DNA testing, Rychard said.

Anyone with information about this investigation is encouraged to contact the New London Police Detective Bureau at 860-447-1481. Anonymous tips can be submitted via the New London Tips 411 system by sending an SMS to NLPDTip plus the information to Tip411 (847411).

Source link