Because YouTube is trying to tackle a child exploitation network in the comment section on its platform, some creators have expressed concern about what will happen if their videos are Demonstrated against the background of advertisers and crackdown on content. The Verge reported on Friday that the twitter from Team YouTube's profile sent creators more spirals after the company announced a measure that was taking "inappropriate comments."
"Over the past few days, they have taken a number of actions to better protect the YouTube community from content that threatens minors," said in twitter . "With regard to the actions we have taken, even if your video is suitable for advertisers, inappropriate comments may result in the restriction or lack of ads for your video."
Advertisers started to withdraw their advertising costs from the site after YouTuber Matt Watson shared on Sunday a video that highlighted the methods used by the obvious pedophiles in video comments about using children, including sharing contact information, signing videos inappropriately and putting time-specific parts of the videos. Facing loss of major advertising clients like Nestlé, Epic Games and Hasbro, YouTube has taken extreme measures to ensure that ads do not appear in content that can be a magnet for bad actors.
A YouTube spokesman said there are limited video ads that can put young people at risk of this kind of predatory activity through comments. YouTube also excludes comments from millions of videos of minors that will limit the problem so far. For creators whose videos include their children For example, limited ads or demoed videos may be a problem.
"While the creators of these videos may have done nothing wrong, we will go beyond existing protections in the near future. on content that may include or threaten minors, "a YouTube team said on a Friday blog about changes. "Our goal is to protect creators and the wider ecosystem while improving our systems."
In addition to the above-mentioned changes, a YouTube spokesman said earlier this week that the company has removed hundreds of bills related to individuals leaving what the company perceives to be predatory comments on videos of minors. YouTube also reported illegal comments at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
"Any content – including comments – that threatens minors is disgusting and we have clear rules banning it on YouTube," a YouTube spokesman said in a statement. "We immediately took action by deleting accounts and channels, reporting illegal actions by authorities, and disabling comments on tens of millions of videos that included minors. There is still more to be done, and we continue to work to improve and crack down on abuses.