قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The Dominican Republic resorts to the death of the resort and urges the congressman to announce a trip to the Caribbean nation

The Dominican Republic resorts to the death of the resort and urges the congressman to announce a trip to the Caribbean nation



Rep. Adriano Espaillat, DN.Y., announced on Thursday that he plans to travel to the Dominican Republic to meet officials from the Caribbean nation for the recent series of mysterious deaths of US citizens. Espaillat, the first and only Dominican-American to serve in Congress, said he would head for the Dominican Republic sometime in the next two weeks.

"More than 3.2 million Americans visited the Dominican Republic last year," Espaliat said in a tweet. "I'm on this trip to make sure that the safety of US tourists and visitors in the Dominican Republic remains a priority."

Together with Espaillat, representative Frank Palone, DN.J., sent a letter Wednesday The State Department and the FBI want a timely update of the investigations of the nine Americans who have died in the Dominican Republic since last June. Palone also asked the State Department to reconsider its journey to the country in the light of deaths.

THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CALLS MINISTER DEATHS "FACTUAL NEWS" AS AN OFFICIAL LADIES FROM INTERVIEW

The nine Americans who have died in the last 1

2 months in the country have all been luxury, all died in similar circumstances, sometimes including alcohol from the minibar. The strange cases – along with the recent shooting of the former MLB star David Orttis – have sparked a wave of speculation and questions from the families of the victims in the United States and have led many to question whether the island is safe for visitors. Government data show that the Dominican Republic has welcomed more than 6.5 million visitors from all over the world in 2018. In the first two months of 2019, there were more than 600,000 tourists in the country – an 8% increase compared to the same period last year. year. Out of these 600,000, 65% came to the Dominican Republic from North America, mostly in the United States

The Dominican government and the US Embassy in Santo Domingo have highlighted in the last few weeks that the cases are isolated incidents and that the tourist destination is safe for passengers.

Gustavo Montalvo, the Dominican presidency minister, repeated the statement, saying that no city on the island has appeared in a recent 50-year report, the violence in the world by the Inter-American Development Bank. "There is no one in the list of the 50 most dangerous cities in the world in the Dominican Republic," he said at an event organized by the American Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic. "In fact, we are very far from such a figure."

The public health and tourism ministries are expected to release more information later this week, sources from Fox News reported.

Fox News "Lucia Suarez Sang and Mark Meredith contributed to this report


Source link