Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Business https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The Dunkin ‘Donuts manager was shot during a robbery in North Philip

The Dunkin ‘Donuts manager was shot during a robbery in North Philip

A Dunkin ‘Donuts manager was shot dead early Saturday after an assailant confronted her when she opened a store in North Philadelphia, forced her inside and demanded all the money, police said.

The victim, a 41-year-old woman, was shot in the head at 5:51 a.m. in Dunkin ‘Donuts on Lehigh Avenue and Fairhill Street and was pronounced dead six minutes later by medics, police said.

Colleagues identified her as Christine Lugo, who lived in the neighborhood and, although she had children of her own, was the mother of those she worked with.

“She was an angel, the mother of us all,”

; said Larry Evans, one of the few employees who stopped by the restaurant on Saturday afternoon to mourn her colleague. “No matter who you are, she will give you the shirt on her back.”

The restaurant was closed on Saturday, and its parking lot and drive window were cordoned off as police continued their investigation.

In a call for public help, police released a nearly three-minute surveillance video on Saturday afternoon that showed the robbery and provided a fairly clear photo of the attacker’s face, along with written descriptions of his clothing.

The man, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, gray cargo pants, gray New Balance sneakers, blue gloves and a blue mask, walks out behind the manager as she unlocks the store’s front door at about 5:23 a.m. After opening the door, he catches her with his left hand as he holds a revolver in his right and pushes it inside the store.

The video then shows them talking in a delivery area, with the manager’s face blurred. She waves her arms pleadingly as she speaks to an armed man who is no more than two steps away from her, gesturing with his revolver. The footage then shows them in a small office, where the manager appears to be sitting with what appears to be a drawer of money on her lap. She hands the man an undisclosed amount of money, which he puts in the pocket of his left pants. He then checked a watch on his right wrist before the video stopped, with a freezing face frame, followed by a written description of it: in his late 30s to early 40s, with a stocky figure, medium complexion, mustache and a goatee.

The text shows that the attacker shot her once in the head and fled the store in an unknown direction. He asks anyone with information to contact the homicide department at 215-686-3334 or to call the police department at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or send an email to tips @ PhillyPolice. com or send an SMS to PPDTIP (773847).

No one should approach this man, but rather call 911, police said.

Police said a $ 20,000 reward was offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction.

“All of us at Dunkin ‘are sad when we learn of the death of a restaurant manager and our thoughts turn to her family and friends,” the company said in a statement. “The franchise owner is cooperating fully with local authorities in their investigation. As this is an active police investigation, we are postponing any further comment from the Philadelphia Police Department. “

The homicide was limited to one night, which included three other homicides, including a 16-year-old man shot 13 times shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Friday the 55th and Market Streets in West Philadelphia. It was part of a double shooting in which a 39-year-old man was hit once in the right leg. The man was in stable condition at the Pennsibian Medical Center in Penn, police said.

About two hours earlier, a 25-year-old man was shot once in the chest on 10th and Cumberland Streets streets in North Philip, police said. He was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7 p.m., police said.

And at 11:38 p.m., police said, a man in his late 20s was shot several times while sitting in a vehicle on Broad and Belfield streets in the Logan metropolitan area. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

No arrests were reported in any of the shootings.

Source link