قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The mass outbreak of Ebola continues to rage; the number of cases exceeds 1000

The mass outbreak of Ebola continues to rage; the number of cases exceeds 1000



  Health workers are seen in the "red zone" of a treatment center for Ebola, which was attacked in the early hours of March 9, 2019 in Butebbo. </span> Health workers are seen in the "red zone" of a treatment center for Ebola, which was attacked in the early hours of March 9, 2019, in Butebbo. </div>
</figcaption>
</figure>
<aside id=

Ebola's death rate in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been over 1

000 this weekend as health respondents continue to struggle to thwart the disease amid the violent conflict.
The epidemic has been growing since August in the provinces of North Kivu and Ituri, located in the eastern part of the country, bordering southern Sudan, Uganda and Rwanda. The World Health Organization reported 1009 cases (944 confirmed, 65 probable), including 629 deaths (564 confirmed, 65 probable) on Saturday, March 23rd.

The outburst is the second largest in all times, surpassed only by the outbreak of West Africa in 2014, involving more than 28,000 cases and 11,000 deaths. Earlier this month, fighters attacked a treatment center in Buteham in North Kivu, killing a policeman and injuring health workers. Last month, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) discontinued the drug response after two more attacks against treatment centers. In both attacks, unidentified attackers partially burn down the facilities.

"Although the causes of the attack are unclear and such violence is unacceptable, we know that the participants in the Ebola response – MSF included – have failed to gain credibility. of a significant proportion of the population, "said Maine Nikolay, MSF Director-General in North Kivu, in a statement after one of the attacks

Officials from the World Health Organization called for renewed efforts to control the outbreak. "Despite the increased incidence of attacks by armed groups, the WHO will continue the course and work with communities to end this outbreak together with the Ministry of Health and its partners," said Dr. Tedros Ahanom Gubareus, WHO Director-General. Saturday. "We need double support from the international community and a commitment to end together to put an end to this outbreak."

Tedros added that the community's fears of violence and the deadly virus are profound. "Engaging the community takes time. There are no quick fixes, "he said.

However, Dr. Mathesidos Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa, was pleased that the effort so far has led to vaccination of 96,000 people. "We are working in extremely difficult circumstances, but thanks to the donors' support and the efforts of the Ministry of Health, the WHO and the partners, we have saved thousands of lives," he said.


Source link