Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro suffered a “terrible” bowling accident on Sunday that left his hand full.
A Valastro spokesman told PEOPLE that the incident happened while the chef was spending “quality time” with his family at a bowling alley at their home. “There was a malfunction with the bowling tweezers, a common solution in the past, but it turned into a terrible accident.”
“After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right arm became attached and compressed inside the device,” they continued. “He can̵
According to the representative, the 13- and 16-year-old sons of Valastro used a saw to cut the metal rod and release it.
Valastro shared the news on Instagram with a photo of himself in a hospital bed with a cast on his right arm. “A few days ago I was involved in a terrible accident … 😔 What do you think about my new accessory?”
Valastro had two operations on his arm and was released from the hospital on Wednesday.
“This will be a difficult battle, as this is Buddy’s dominant right hand and he will need long-term recovery and therapy,” a Valastro spokesman told PEOPLE.
THE LATEST TITLES FROM FOX8.COM:
Suggest a correction