DESTIN – The Florida Department of Health said in a statement Wednesday that there are no "public health concerns" in Walton or Okaloosa County after her mother told Facebook at Monday that she believed her daughter was infected with bacterial infection in the Persian Gulf while resting in Destin.
According to Destin Catherine's spokeswoman Card, the city has not received a call from the family, making it difficult to determine the exact location.
"We're not sure if they were in Desin or Walton County,
FDOH also said in a statement that" it was not sought by this individual or anyone who may have been exposed to this bacterium in Florida . "However, we look at this issue seriously. and are working with healthcare departments in Alabama and Indiana to collect information on this case and determine whether it is caused by bacteria such as vibration or other health status reported, "the statement continues. "At this time, we have no indication that this case of necrotizing fasciitis is caused by a vibratory infection."
The investigation stems from a woman's Facebook mail that is viral. Since Wednesday afternoon, she has been shared more than 1
Brown said the family arrived in Destin on June 7, but did not go to the beach until June 9th. The family visited Pompano Beach, which could refer to Destin beach or similar name at Miramar Beach in South Walton County. They are trying to make the best of their visit, despite the double red flags that shut the water to the public, "Brown said. "On Wednesday morning, June 12, she had a great pain in her calf and was in tears trying to walk," Brown writes. I had to put it on my back and carry it around. We went home this morning.
Brown said they were going to Indiana. By the time they arrived in Indiana on June 13, Brown brought his daughter to the doctor about 11 AM and still wore the child who could not walk.
The doctor recommended Brown's Rice Hospital for Children. Brown said that when she left the doctor's office, her daughter developed a rash on her body. When the family arrived at the hospital for about two hours, everything started to descend down the hill, Brown said. "This is an aggressive infection and has already spread her leg to her thigh," Brown writes. "It (blood pressure) is in critical numbers and it (heart rate) is very high." They had 4 intravenous intravenous liquids and pumped liquid aggressively by machine and manually simultaneously. [Brown] said that when they stabilized her daughter, the doctors were getting MRI, where they found the infection spread to the thigh. "We have learned that Kylie has had a very serious infection, and the surgery to remove the infection was to try to save her leg, but most importantly her life," Brown wrote, "She has a septic shock. There was a second operation. Improve some, and we were able to leave (the pediatric intensive care unit) in an ordinary room and floor. "She writes that she" wholeheartedly "believes her daughter has infected the disease in Destin by scraping her thumb
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), necrotizing fasciitis is a rare bacterial infection that spreads rapidly in the body and can cause death. "
The infection can to get infected with open wounds or skin infections in hot dogs swimming pools and natural water bodies like the oceans 19659002] According to FDOH, the girl's infection may be caused by several bacteria, the most common in Florida environment causing necrotizing fasciitis is strep Group A. The infection is not "caught" , but rather a complication or symptom of an infection that has not been treated properly.
Infections such as necrotizing fasciitis can be prevented by avoiding bloom or flood waters with open wounds and cleansing and treatment. The wounds that were in the Gulf or Gulf, say from FDOH. "It is important for people receiving medical care to notify their physician of any recent exposure to bay or bay, swimming pools or hot tubs," continued FDOH, "Timely treatment is necessary to prevent serious complications."