قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ They poured into the contact lenses and then lost sight

They poured into the contact lenses and then lost sight



The woman's eye, which looks green because of the paint used to detect corneal damage. (New England Journal of Medicine)

A terrible reminder to the people who are contacting them to take them out before they bathe or swim. Two patients in the UK have been left legally blind to one eye after infection with a rare parasitic eye infection related to water reports live science. A 41

-year-old woman describes two months of pain, blurred vision and light sensitivity in her left eye before doctors find a corneal defect, according to a report in . Finally, the woman was diagnosed with keratitis Acanthamoeba a parasitic infection "most common in people wearing contact lenses," according to the CDC. It describes risk factors including improper handling and "swimming, using a hot tub or shower while wearing lenses."

The woman eventually received a partial corneal transplant that slightly improved her vision. Nick Humphrey expects the same procedure on his right eye. "If I go back, I will never have contacts anymore," says the 29-year-old Fox News. In 2018 he shrinks keratitis Acanthamoeba after regularly bathe with contact lenses. before heading for the office, "he says.

He works with "Fight for Vision" charity to warn others that this "can happen for something as simple as having a bath." (19659008] More from a new user


Source link