قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Trump surprises allies, claims US-backed forces have restored 100% of Isis territory in Syria

Trump surprises allies, claims US-backed forces have restored 100% of Isis territory in Syria



"We just took you, you know that you have heard that it is 90%, 92%, the caliphate in Syria, now 100%, we just took 100% caliphate, which means that the land area is 100% so it's good, "Trump said as he turned to the American soldiers at the Elmsdorf-Richardson Alaska Joint Base on his return from Hanoi.

But an official from the Syrian Democratic Force told Ben Weman of CNN that the fighting continued and that they were "surprised by this statement" by Trump.

The official also noted that more than a thousand civilians left the last ISIS enclave in the last few hours.

Several US officials told CNB's Barbara Starr that civilians still remain in the last part of the territory that remained under ISIS control. Trump's comments on Thursday followed his announcement in December that the United States would withdraw US troops from Syria, a decision that was met with a sharp controversy by military and intelligence officials who claimed they had not been consulted on the issue.

In December, Trump wrote: "We beat ISIS in Syria, my only reason to be there during the Trump's presidency," I later published a video in which he said the American soldiers were coming back and going back. . "

The decision made then Defense Secretary James Matisse leave his post the next day.

While Matisse's resignation to the president was not explicitly quoted by his opposition to the elimination of US troops from Syria, the retired four-star general was privately reluctant to insist Trump against the withdrawal. [T] he agreed to keep about 400 US soldiers in the country after the withdrawal of most soldiers, according to a senior official of the administration.

Last month, the IIS took responsibility for a deadly explosion in the Syrian city of Manby, who killed four Americans, including two US officials and at least 1

0 other people. Prior to this attack, only two US officers were killed in Syria since the start of the 2014 campaign

Questions about Trump's unexpected decision to remove US military from Syria continue to revolve after Matisse "Departure, despite the multiple claims of officials of the administration and the president himself that the terrorist group was defeated

The US commander in charge of the war against Isis told Barbara Starr of CNN this month that he did not agree with Trump's decision to withdraw soldiers and he warned that the terrorist group was far from defeated in a sharp disagreement with the president

  Votel:

Joseph Vatel, the largest US general in the Middle East, also said that US- forces on the ground in Syria are not ready to hold the threat of ISIS

"It would not have been my advice at this point … I would not make this proposal, honestly," Volell said of announcing the withdrawal of the troops. "The Caliphate still has leaders, there are still fighters, there are still facilitators, there are still resources, so continuing military pressure is needed to keep going after that network."

Votel, talking to CNN from Oman earlier this month, revealed he would only say that ISIS was defeated, as Trump did in December, if he is sure they no longer pose a threat.

"we have overcome them," I want to ensure that this means they have no ability to conspire or directly attack the United States or our allies, "Votel said." They still have this strong ideology to be able to inspired. "

Prior to this interview with CNN, Votel said defeat" does not mean an end to the organization. "

" Release of the field, Issis is important, it is an important goal for us to take it. But this does not mean an end to the organization, "he told reporters while on an official visit to Cairo, Egypt this month.

The commander of the US Central Command has also previously stated that he" was not consulted "before the disputed ad of Trump at the end of last year that the United States would quickly withdraw troops from the war-torn side of the ISIS threat

National Intelligence Director Dan Coates said last month that the intelligence community also believed Isis was threatening despite Territorial lose and in Iraq and Syria, telling Senate lawmakers this year that the terrorist group has returned to its roots in the guerrilla war

But he also clearly stated that the group maintained a presence in Iraq and Syria

"ISIS intends to revive and still command thousands of fighters in Iraq and Syria, "he said.


Source link