قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Trump wants California to pay billions for bullets

Trump wants California to pay billions for bullets



  President Donald Trump met with Deputy Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China Liu He at the White House Oval Office on Thursday, January 31, 2019 in Washington

The Washington Post | The Washington Post |

President Donald Trump meets Deputy Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China Liu He at the White House Oval Office on Thursday, January 31, 2019 in Washington, DC. On Tuesday, he plans to cancel $ 929 million for a high-speed rail project in California, and wants the state to reimburse another $ 2.5 billion that has already been spent.

The US Department of Transportation's message follows President Donald Trump's threats to take the $ 3.5 billion that the federal government has given to California to build a bullet between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Gavin Newswon vowed to fight to keep the money and said the decision was in response to California, which once again sued the administration, this time for Trump's emergency urging to pay a wall across the US-Mexico border. by President Trump and we will not be sitting idly, "Newswood said in a statement. "This is California's money and we will fight for it."

This is the newest companion between the White House and California. Earlier in the day, Trump linked the case to the emergency train declaration, noting that California had filed the complaint on behalf of 16 countries.

"California, the state that has wasted billions of dollars when they are out of control," without hope of completion, seems to answer!

The train project has encountered recurrent costs and delays as voters in California approved it in 2008. The Trump administration said the state did not provide the required matching dollars and could not complete certain construction works with 2022 deadline.

Newsom announced in its first state last week that it plans to reduce the project and to focus immediately on building 171 miles (275 km) of the track in central California. His cabinet said he was still planning to complete the line, although he said the current plan would cost too much and would take too much time.

He promised to continue the work on environmental protection along the line that is needed to preserve federal money.

But the US Department of Transportation said Newsom's comments last week increased the administration's concerns about the project.

"Governor Newsom has presented a new proposal, which is a significant retreat from the original vision and commitment of the state, and disappoints the purpose for which federal funding was granted," reads the letter describing the case for money cancellation


Source link