Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Two killed in Austin reported hostages after six hours of SWAT opposition, police say

Two killed in Austin reported hostages after six hours of SWAT opposition, police say

After several hours of silence, police sent a robot inside. But he arrived too late, later the police said: Two people were found dead.

The Austin Police Department has not yet determined who died or to specify exactly what happened. Authorities are expected to reveal more details about Wednesday’s incident, a police spokesman told a news conference.

“It’s too early to investigate,”

; said John Madzefski, a police spokesman. “We don’t have many more details.”

The incident began around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, when Austin police responded to a call reporting “building disruptions” in the Oakmont Heights neighborhood, Mazefski said.

Shortly after arriving there, officers learned that someone was barricaded in the building and asked for a SWAT team. For hours the American statesman SWAT team members reportedly asked the suspect to answer their calls or text messages.

“Your life is very important to me,” said a negotiator through the speaker, according to the American statesman. “And I know that life is very important to you.”

Although police have not yet confirmed details of who was involved, reports from the SWAT team suggest that both the hostage and the hostage may have been doctors, the statesman said.

“You don’t deserve to go through this … for everything you’ve done for others … so I want to help you overcome this. You have saved many lives, “said a speaker negotiator, the newspaper reported.

According to KXAN, members of the SWAT team decided to enter the building after losing contact with the suspect for several hours on Tuesday.

Then, around 10:50 p.m., a loud explosion erupted from inside the building. Moments later, images from the robot revealed that at least one person was dead inside, Mazefski said. When SWAT members stormed the building in a rescue attempt, they found the other body.

Majefski declined to discuss how many people were in the office at the time of the incident. He said it was “possible” that others other than the two who had died were inside the building but had managed to leave at some point during the six-hour conflict.

Source link