The State Department has ordered all non-emergency officers at the US Embassy and Consulate in Iraq to leave the country amid growing tensions between the United States and Iran, the agency said in a security warning on its website early Wednesday morning. The alert also says that the usual visa services will be suspended.
GEN. JEAN KINEON CONTAINS THE WORKING REPORT UPDATE UPDATING PLANS FOR SENDING 100 000 TROPPOSES TO IRAN "EXCLUSION OF WHAT IS CORRECT" Iran has threatened to withdraw from the nuclear deal and resume its high uranium enrichment unless a new deal is concluded. The US left the nuclear deal with Iran last year.
On Tuesday, Trump denied that the administration planned to send more than 100,000 soldiers to the region if necessary, but then said: Absolutely … If we did, we'd send more soldiers out of this. "
Click here to get FOX NEWS APP
State Secretary Mike Pompeo backed the president's claim, saying:" We fundamentally do not seek war with Iran. "
Associated Press contributed to this report.