Salt Lake City – Utah recently died after a weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico, state health officials said.
After surgery, the patient received a positive result for an antibiotic-resistant form of bacteria, according to the Department of Health in Utah. This man is the eighth Utah who has acquired bacteria from a similar surgical procedure in Mexico, but the first one dies.
Due to privacy laws, additional information about the deceased person was not released.
Bacteria called pseudomonas aeruginosa can spread to the hands of hospital workers or through contaminated, uncleaned facilities, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Patients recovering from surgical wounds may be most at risk of developing serious bacterial infections, says the CDC. Dr Mario Almanda, the department said. Five of them learned about Almanza through weight loss agents for medical agencies. Almadza is still on the company's website Monday.
The State Health Department warned that "highly resistant antibiotic organisms" were reported in patients across the country who had procedures in Mexico. ensuring patient safety or quality of care for individuals who are considering such procedures in Tijuana, "said Dr Alin Nakashima, Healthcare Program Manager, Health / Antimicrobial Resistance, in an application
Enough hit the safest way to act is not to travel to Mexico for these procedures.Using an internationally accredited facility is not a guarantee that your medical care will be rid of complications.