Riot Games has been annoying the latest Valorant Agent for weeks, and she’s finally here in the form of Astra, the galactic controller ready to wreak havoc.
Riot Games likes to annoy Valorant fans. Yoru was one of the most super agents in the game to date, thanks to all the small snippets that players spotted online.
With small packages of information about Agent 15 being dropped throughout January, the latest addition to the list has finally been revealed.
Meet Astra, the Space Agent who comes from Ghana. It “uses the energies of space to reshape the battlefields at will.” With full mastery of her astral form and a talent for deep strategic foresight, she is always ahead of her enemy̵
Who is Astra in Valorant?
Astra is a controller all the time, but it has a very unique style of play and skill set. As the leaks suggest, it has the ability to release “Stars” (the glowing lights we’ve seen floating around the future Earth) and then manipulate them at will.
With its gravitational well, it attracts its victims to the heart of its nearby star, which immediately explodes and inflicts fragile enemies. Alternatively, it can use flashing lights as ground mines that land in shock with its Nova Pulse.
This is her Ultimate, which is completely different from anything we have ever seen on the future Earth. By giving it the ability to connect two of its stars and form a blocking bullet shield, it can be said that the ability is beyond this world.
- Ability 1 – Gravity Well: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to form a gravity well. Players in the area are drawn to the center before it explodes, making all players still trapped inside fragile.
- Ability 2 – Nova Pulse: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to blow Nova’s pulse. After that, Nova Pulse’s attacks dealt a short blow, crushing all the players in the area.
- Signature Ability – nebula: Place stars in astral form (X). ACTIVATE a star to turn it into a nebula (smoke).
- Ability 4 – Scattering: Use (F) on a star to scatter it, returning the star to a new location after a delay. It dissipates briefly, forming a false nebula at the star’s location before returning.
- Final ability – astral form / cosmic division – ACTIVATE to enter astral form, where you can place stars with MAIN FIRE. The stars can be activated later, turning them into a pulse of Nova, a nebula or a gravitational well.
When Cosmic Divide is charged, use SECONDARY FIRE in astral form to start directing it, then PRIMARY FIRE to select two locations. Infinite cosmic division connects the two points you have chosen. Cosmic Divide blocks bullets and greatly reduces volume.
The inspiration of Astra
Looking to create a character based on the notions of “African futurism”, character producer John “Riot MEMEMEMEME” Goschiki wrote that “to make sure these grounded elements were presented correctly, we worked with a consultant from Ghana for details.”
As for the design of the Astra itself, senior game designer Jordan ‘Riot Wrekz’ Anton recalls that “with the Astra we wanted to make a controller that would think about the whole map. Its global presence has been there from the beginning. From there, the fine-tuning was in finding the right abilities to balance predicting the actions of enemies and reacting to changing game circumstances. “
“We wanted her expression of skills to consist in gathering information and turning it into a plan, where the execution phase is less focused on directing the throwing of the grenade and more on whether your reading of the enemy has come together as you hoped.
On a more humorous note, Goschiki writes that “on a strange note, while working on the Astra’s Character Select animation, there was a day when her eyelids were damaged and stretched / flew across the screen throughout the animation. It was both amazing and disturbing. “
Astra launch date
Astra will come out with Episode 2, Act 2 of March 2. It is accompanied by the new combat pass and all its cosmetic extras. Be sure to check back with Dexerto for the latest news on the latest addition to the battle for the future Earth.