LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) Walmart has published a statement saying drivers' salary will increase by one cent per mile in February and they will also receive extra pay for each arrival, which means they will earn 89 cents a mile. They hired more than 1
Walmart advertises the following privileges to work for them:
- Great benefits. Walmart drivers have access to the benefits of the company on the first day and can earn up to 21 days paid leave (PTO) in their first year.
- Predicted time for home. Walmart runs on a weekly schedule so drivers know they will be at home and on the road. We use a bidding process two to three times a year to determine their timetables, so drivers know where things work and live.
- At Walmart, our drivers drive and earn money instead of waiting for a truck to be fixed. Walmart offers quarterly safety bonuses and programs to stimulate and recognize safety. The American Transport Association has handed Walmart to the safest fleet in the division for more than 250 million miles over the past 5 years
- Transportation Offices across the country. Walmart operates more than 70 transport offices throughout the United States. Walmart truck drivers do not unload trucks.
- Safe parking. Walmart drivers park in a well-lit, safe car park at Walmart stores, Sam's clubs and distribution centers across the country.
You must have 30 months of experience in the last three years and have a clean safety record.
"Safety is everything, the courtesy of road drivers is paramount," Walmart's 16-year-old Walmart fleet said, "There is no substitute for these three principles."
Walmart said policy changes due to increased sales and "vehicle shortages in the industry" by 2026