Not too long ago, Google activated RCS Chat on Android phones in some European countries and now seems ready to turn on the switch in a number of other countries.
A more discerning Reddit user, I realized that allowing RCS on Android devices is just a few clicks away, and it makes us wonder why it's so easy when US carriers can't seem to just switch the switch.
Enabling RCS on your phone is not all that different from how it worked when Google switched the switch to European users, but it only took a few extra steps.
- First, make sure you're using the beta version of the Google Messages app. Open this link on your phone, scroll down, and click "join beta" in the list. Update your app and make sure it says "Messages (beta)" before continuing.
- Download the Play Store Activity Launcher
- Navigate to your phone's system settings, apps, find the "carrier services" app (make sure system apps are displayed), and then clear your storage data in this application
- Force stop the Messages (beta) application to make sure it is not running in the background
- Open the application to start activities that you downloaded earlier. Touch "Recent activities" at the top, then select "All activities." Scroll down the list until you find the Messages app and click on it to expand the options. Select "Set RCS Flags".
- In the "ACS Url" section, select "" http: //rcs-acs-prod-us.sandbox google.com/. "Evid1
- Click Apply, then come home and reopen Messages. You should now be greeted with an RCS chat setup similar to the guide we posted in July.
It will probably take a few minutes, but once you're done, you're done and you're done Not sure who to use with this new feature? Feel free to share it with anyone who knows is that there is an Android phone and you can take them on board too RCS gives you many new features that SMS and MMS have never had, including real-time delivery and receipt reading, which can see when other people enter, an opportunity  So far, this seems to work in several different versions of Android, different Android phones, and in several different countries. We have tested it in the US, Canada and several European countries. The only problems appear to be dual SIM phones and there is no solution for now. While your phone supports Mestas Beta, it should work for you. Tell us how it is for you and happy messages!
What is RCS and why is it important for Android?