Raven Software has pulled out two of Call of Duty’s most effective weapons: Warzone in an attempt to shake the target of Battle Royale.
In an update released live this afternoon, the developer annoyed the super popular AUG and FFAR 1.
First, AUG ̵
The recoil force has been increased to AUG, which we hope will calm it down a bit.
“Burst weapons draw a thin line between ineffective and depressing,” Raven said. “The aim of this change is to preserve the identity of the weapon as a powerhouse, while making it a little harder to control. At the moment, we think it is too easy to keep the target, given how deadly it is. We will continue to monitor the implementation of Charlie’s tactical rifle and make additional changes if necessary. “
Now to FFAR 1, an assault rifle that, like the AUG, was introduced to Warzone as part of Treyarch’s controversial Cold War integration of Black Ops. On the FFAR, the speed of the ADS (pointing down) decreases, which we hope will help it feel more like an assault rifle and less like an SMG.
“FFAR is the cry for all deals,” Treyarch said. “It has the damage profile and range of AR, as well as the fire rate of SMG. The effectiveness of wholesale FFAR makes it eject SMG in ranges that we are not happy with. Ideally, FFAR acts as a medium range dominator, while falling victim to weapons that outperform short-range commitments. We bring the FFAR a little more in line with what you can expect from AR-damage and cost-of-handling range. “
In the meantime, the attachments have seen some bug fixes. Here is the list:
- The rear attachments, which have been shown by professionals for ADS speed, must now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug in Groza where a 16.5-inch CMV Mil-Spec barrel would circumvent the damage.
- Fixed a fault at the embers observation point where the ADS speed of the XM4 and AK-47 was increasing rather than decreasing.
- Fixed a bug with Salvo Fast Mag, in which the ADS speed of FFAR 1 and M16 did not decrease.
- The effects of the Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor must now be properly presented in the article bar.
Finally, the camouflage challenges for the R1 Shadowhunter are now appearing correctly for the Geometric, Flora and Science Camo categories.
It’s nice to see Raven come in here to deal with two of Warzone’s most popular weapons, and I hope the nerves go some way to adding variety to the target. But these patch notes are again inaccurate. We don’t have accurate statistics on these changes – although regular suspects in the Call of Duty community will have their say soon enough, I guess.