Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Wisconsin officials: Trump observers are blocking the census

Wisconsin officials: Trump observers are blocking the census



Wisconsin officials said on Saturday that observers of Trump’s polls were “obstructing” the census and acting in bad faith as rallies continued in Milwaukee and Dane counties.

President Trump’s campaign has called for a census in liberal counties that include the largest cities in Milwaukee and Madison.

Milwaukee District Election Commissioner Tom Posnansky reported to his colleagues that more than one pro-Trump representative had been found on various spreadsheets. Some are said to be posing as independent, violating regulations that require one member from each political party.

A Trump observer reportedly rejected any ballots taken out of a bag because they were folded, he said.

Posnanski called it “prima facie evidence of dishonesty in the Trump campaign.”

; “I want to know what is happening and why there are still obstacles,” he added.

Trump called for a vote count after Wisconsin won a victory for Joe Biden, a Democrat, with more than 20,000 votes.

The campaign and Trump’s legal team have launched several lawsuits in volatile states across the country, arguing that the election and the election are trying to overturn the election results in Biden’s favor, a tactic that the campaign is likely to continue after the census.

Trump’s campaign lawyer, Joe Woyland, dismissed allegations of “bad faith” when he spoke with Wisconsin commissioners on Saturday.

“I want to get to the point where you dial everything … and don’t scream,” Woyland said.

But tensions remain high as the count continues, as a result of which many Trump observers have been removed from tab centers.

One person was escorted by sheriff’s deputies after pushing an election official who reported lifting his coat from an observer’s chair. Another person was removed on Friday because he was not wearing a face covering.

Trump’s campaign paid $ 3 million for the partial census, as required by state law.

Click here to get the FOX NEWS app

They hope to find and reject ballots with missing addresses that are said to have been filled in by election officials. The census will be completed by December 1.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Source link