ELLENTON, Fla. – A woman from Florida died of the meat that eats meat two weeks after her leg was cut off to the beach, her family said.
Lynn Fleming dies on Wednesday after being subjected to vital maintenance after infecting bacteria known as necrotizing fasciitis.
Fleming's family says she cut her off after falling as she walked along Kokina Beach on Anna Maria Island on the west coast of Florida.
The family says they did not think much about the cut because it is so small. A few days later, Fleming went to the doctor and received tetanus.
However, the day after seeing Dr. Fleming, he was unconscious in his home.
Doctors said she had necrotizing fasciitis and had done numerous operations on the infected leg in her attempts to save her life. But during the operations, Fleming suffered two strokes and sepsis.
According to reports, Fleming was surrounded by her son and her daughter-in-law when she died.
Wade Fleming and his wife Trassi warn others about the dangers of necrotizing fasciitis and look for signs, especially if you're cut off on the beach.