From his first reports, Vince McMahon will revive his football league XFL, WWE emphasized that it will be different from the publicly traded sports entertainment company. McMahon "personally funded a separate WWE company, Alpha Entertainment, to explore investment opportunities in sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football," they said back in December 2017.
At a press conference announcing the launch of XFL 2.0 months earlier, later, McMahon told the press that there would be "no crossover" with WWE.
Insert CM Punk "yes, good buddy" GIF here.
Fans, reporters, and industry watchers quickly noticed a lot of WWE-like marketing material, and sources said the company's employees and resources were used for XFL-related activities. The company's filing with the SEC in May 201
All is to say that nothing about the disclosure of the Eight Names and Logos of XFL 2.0 was surprising. From similar logo designs, to video packages, to the top story scripts for these videos, to their WWE promotion on their YouTube channel …
social media …
or the official website …
All this is to say, support yourself for more mentions of the XFL as we get closer to the start of the first league rollout in six months – especially Fox & # 39; s SmackDown who will want to promote games broadcast on their network in the days following the broadcast of the blue mark.
Oh, and about the names of these teams?
- Deep down in the heart of Texas … beats a different kind of pulse. Spirit intact. A curse that cannot be denied. Where the big meeting is a brave badass meeting. This is an outlaw country, inside the ranks. It's a hell of a wheel, between hash marks. This is their home of the range. The Dallas Renegades . Raising Hell.
- On the shoulders of giants they stand tall. Unacceptable. Unwavering. Marching always forward, force united. One search. One goal. One solution. I seek glory through the grains of sand. Winning through Valor. DC Defenders . Taking their position.
- Decisive. Heat spread. Fatigue railing. Endless and often unseen, they work deep in the trenches. Mercenaries in cocoa. Brawls in blackened dirt. Not just for three hours. Not only when the lights are bright. These are a few scratches, grinding, never bending. Houston Runex .
- In the land of bright lights. Far from lightning and glory. They were already starting to walk. Enter into their day and be dominated. Run and tear yourself apart. This is a prime time meeting primary instinct. This is a rattling showtime. This is our time to roar. L.A. Wildcats .
- Centers carved of stone. Guards over the metropolis. Prehistoric predator. The beast is evolving into a new kind of jungle. All teeth and teeth, eyes do not blink. They know fear because they feed on it. They are your first line of defense and there is no need for a second. The New York Guardians . On duty.
- Rise from the stormy sea. Under the darkened sky of a time-hardened home. Unyielding, relentless, violent. Not the mythology, but the musculature and strength. Not football, football. This is your darkest fantasy … in cells. The Dragons in Seattle . Breathing fire.
- Winged Warriors. Flight preparation. Preparing for battle. They are waiting for their orders. Then attack as one. Diving, Avoiding, Swinging, Defeating. Their mission: to create chaos. Their term of office: Earn at all costs. St. Louis BattleHawks .
- They are waiting in the shadows. Demons born in darkness. Instinct hunters. Cold-blooded by nature. Biting them is inevitable. Their grip, inevitable. They slip away and stave off their competition. Luring everyone who challenges them … into the jaws of defeat. The Tampa Bays in Tampa . Ready to hit.
They are quite professional fights.